• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eating things they should not...!

casu consulto

Mama Doe
I want other people to reassure me they're paranoid bunny mummies also :lol:

Jack ate half an elastic band at the end of last week. I literally had to wrestle the other half from him. I spent the next 24 hours freaked out, waving hay in his face and obsessively counting poops to make sure he was doing them. He's actually been doing waaaay more poops with the extra hay (and he does them all behind the toilet, in the bathroom... but that's another story), so I'm guessing he's absolutely fine.

I had a pair once destroy a plastic bag I'd left too close to their run. They dragged it threw, demolished it, and I was telling myself - lying to myself - that all the torn bits of plastic bag were definitely all there and no way could they have eaten any. Pft. Not sure who I was fooling with that.

A past bunny of mine ate a mouthful of rhubarb leaf once. Just one mouthful, but even then I freaked. I sat down and burst into tears, convinced she was about to drop down dead on the spot. :oops: She didn't.

Barney hate a young ragwort leaf the first year I had him. There were about six 'rosettes' of them on the grass. He ate one leaf, I freaked, and spent the summer obsessively digging them up with a screwdriver. :roll: AND he likes to snip the heads off poppies. Not to eat, just to prune. He really dislikes poppy heads.

So what have your bunnies eaten that they should not have, and made you worry? Because I swear my family think I'm completely crazy.

Strawberry has eaten and survived to tell the tale;

carpet
half a door mat
lino flooring
toffee
a wine gum
a whole tea bag
pasta
plenty of paper

I dont worry anymore, once its eaten there isnt a lot you can do! We try and get things away from him but he is a nightmare!

along with much electrical wire (part of my washing machine wire in the last 10 minutes (thank god for insulating tape and thank god it still works!), mine love to pull bits of rug out and eat it like strands of spaghetti and Dumpling cost me just short of £50 at the vets a few weeks ago as he ate 2 of the carrots out of a pets at home carrot patch,which made him grumpy and constipated :roll:

Dillan was trying to munch through the foil wrapper from an eaten chocolate caramel egg earlier :shock: He's just a bin-raider!
Helen xx

Last edited:
I'm laughing out loud here!!!

Miffy has eaten;
LOADS of clean washing
a cushion cover which she groomed for about three years. one day she decided to eat it
several walls
a quarter box of malteasers (grrrrr naughty bun)
radiator
phone charger
cable for an upright light
MY HAIR!!!!!
an old Beatles record sleeve
carpet
homework (I have pics)

cloudy ate;
scart lead in about 0.05 seconds
xmas tree lights
The bag for the hay (small hole) then sat in the bag eating the hay.
a weeks supply of veg when we were going away once. left the veg on top of his cage but forgot to lock his cage door. thats when we realised he could jump on to the top of his cage.
a charger
laptop cable
he also had a bad habit as a baby of shoving his head in glasses and cups and drinking whatever is in there. he's got a turtle head he just keeps sticking his neck out. the vet said as long as fruit juice is watered down it should be fine!!
loads and loads of cardboard. but thats his new game as we have just moved house he strips the boxes and leaves the stripped cardboard on the floor for me:lol::roll:
at the mo he is helping daddy do shelving! he is trying to eat some pine wood.

Holly and hazle;
charger each
laptop cable
rug
a box containing photos. took them about a year
they are good at not eating what they shouldn't but they poo everywhere

My bun climbed onto my desk and started eating my roses that my boyfriend had got me :( i was convinced they were going to poison him. He found a plastic bracelet which he demolished as well as jelly beans. We can't eat jelly beans around him he seeks them out and nibbles our hands until he can grab one. :lol: Wallpaper, he loves wallpaper, its pretty lucky my landlord is nice. lol

Grimlock:
Bread
Cheese
Bread
Donuts
Bread
Chocolate brownies
Bread
Cookies
Bread
Yum Yums
Bread