• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thank you for all your support

Starlight

Warren Veteran
After two long years of rescuing, I am giving up to spend some time on myself and my partner.

I started the rescue when I had just turnt 18, and it has been more challenging and rewarding than you could ever imagine. Though debt comes with it, and heartbreak. And the 20 off calls a day that put you on the end of your tether with humanity!

The past week has been one of the worst. And one of the reasons I must stop is my health. There is no point helping animals when you yourself are turning into a depressive suicidal wreck!

I also wish to find a new place to move in, with my boyfriend and my own five girl bunnies, and get a full time job, and could not do this as a first time buyer, with all the rescues.

So after 2 years, I am closing the rescue.

Thank you for everyone's support during this time. We have rehomed well over 150, maybe even 200 rabbits whose lives were in need of help.

We still have 19 rabbits looking for homes if anyone needs a partner for their bunny!

You have done a very good job with the Rescue Kris.

What will happen to your current buns looking for homes?
Will they stay with you until they have homes? and not take in anymore?

and thanks to you, i found my two beutiful girlys :love:

That's a shame Kris, but I think you are right. A little wind down time and time with your partner is just what you need.

You have done such a brilliant job and there are so many happy bunny mummies, bunny daddies, and bunnies in the world because of you :love:

Yes Vicky, the current buns will all stay with me until they find their homes, and no more buns will be coming in, unless of complete urgency where it is life or death!

Well done Kris on all your hard work over the past 2 years. We have had the pleasure of caring for some very special bunnies through you :love:

I do think this is a wise decision and maybe in time when you have your own place and have a steady career you will able to start helping more bunnies in the future. But for now you definately need to concentrate on yourself and the path your life will take :) Wishing you all the best xx

wow! you were so young when you started. i think what you have done is amazing and you are wise to take some time for yourself. i can't help feeling that you need to take the 'unless' phrase out of your statement though, if you are really going to stop - or you won't be able to say 'no' when the next one comes along...

i hope everything goes really well for you. may bunnies be happily rehomed, you be happily rehomed, you and partner and full time job be fantastically happy. bless you!

It will be a sad loss to the rescuing world.:(

But I think that if you need to downsize for your own sanity then it is for the best. You've had some really tough cases to deal with over the last couple of years and for that I think we should all take our hats of to you Kriss.

Well done on what you've achieved. :)

I hope your 5 buns will behappy with you in your prospective new home!!

You should be proud of everything you've done. At the end of the day you can always offer advice to people with your wealth of experience.

On the plus side I am looking for a bunny girl for my cloudy bum if you have any suitable let me know xx

Thank you for all your help over the past couple of months Kris. You do a fantastic job and I am soo pleased to be able to give one of your remaining bunnies a forever home.

Thank you everyone.
Just need to get some last fundraisers sorted to be able to pay off remaining vet bill and pay for the last 11 buns neuters!

It feels so wierd having finally put it into words and having it "official" by putting it up on RU!

Rachy, we have a few girl bunnies :)
Take a look in Rabbits in Need. We have Sunshine, Mittens, Nutkin (who has a viewing tomorrow!) and an indoor frenchie female.

A sad decision but perhaps the right one
Like everyone else I think you have done so much at such a young age..well done for that .
I look forward to maybe a few years time , when your life is settled and you start rescuing again.
Take care and hope you stay a regular on here:D xx

I hope that life brings you happier times Kris.
You have helped so many Rabbits find a new home and taking time out for yourself now is a wise decision :)

xx

A big well done to you for all the hard work and effort you have put in, in rescuing and rehoming.

Good luck with the remaining buns.

It sounds like the right decision and i hope your future will be a happy one :wave:

xxxx

Kris I know you are making the right decision, you have done a great job with all the bunnies you have helped, you have changed so much since I first met you and I am so glad you can look at this objectively and realise you actually need to concentrate on yourself and Jon for a while, who knows what may happen in years to come,but you need a solid foundation for yourself and your buns. I could see it has been making you unhappy recently, and that is no good for anyone, buns included.

Well done on all the buns you have helped, and well done on making this decision. Of course I will do anything I can to help you rehome the remaining buns, I will keep George at my folks and rehome him myself :wave:

Such a wise head on such young shoulders. There's many buns out there Kris that have better lives because of you and for that you should be very proud.

I find looking after 2 little buns hard work so I sm totally in awe of what you and the other rescues do! It is very clear from having been a member on here the heartache and hard graft that you have to put in every single day! You should be immensely proud of what you have achieved and the difference you have made to so many little bunnies! I'm glad to have met you when I came with a friend to collect Co-Co, he has turned into the most amazing little fellow and is loving his new life! I wish you could have seen the look on his face one day last summer as he layed full stretch in the sunshine with a look of pure contentedness on his face and his happiness along with many others is all thanks to you!

Back