• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A friend for a blind bunny

Suzanne

Mama Doe
My parents are thinking of getting a friend for little pipkin.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=209365&highlight=pipkin

They are worried that another bunny might eat all his food. They always put his food in the same place so he can find it but he's not a greedy bun and eats it throughout the day so they can't really feed him separately.

Would he be better suited with another blind bunny or a sighted one? What do others with blind bunnies do?

My blind bunnies vary the same as any sighted bunny when it comes to eating. May be a dental bunny would be a suitable companion :?

My blind bunny does just fine with his nom noms. His wife and he have been together a while so they are used to each others habits, but as they both have similar eating habits, it's never been a problem. Barney comes flying in from the run the same way that Summer does - no eyes, no problem!:D

HI, I have four rabbits living together - two of these are blind in one eye - but they are fine with the other rabbits and an 'outsider' wouldn't really be able to tell the difference x

I had the same problem with Snowdrop when she was bonded. She isnt blind but she eats her pellets and veg throughout the day whereas Strawberry and Bungle eat everything all at once.

Back