• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Porridge

bunny babe

Wise Old Thumper
As Homer has lost weight recently, I would like to try to get a bit back on him.

I know some of you feed porridge, how much and how do you make it up?

Is he on antibiotics atm ?

If so *personally* I would not add Porridge to his diet. His gut flora are already being challenged and the high carbohyydrate content of Porridge could lead to problems.

I would try giving him some Fibreplex - twice a day for 3-4 days. The pro/prebiotics and additional fibre it contains could help him absorb nutrients from his diet more effectively.

What pellets do you feed and how much ?

Getting weight on a Bun needs to be done gradually as as tempting as it is to offer them lots of 'fattening' foods these are often high in carbs/protein which can easily cause gut problems.

If you do opt for feeding him Porridge start with just a couple of teaspoonsful soaked in cooled boiled water. If you feed it dry just offer half that amount to start with.

:wave:Thanks for the info Jane.

He's not on anti-biotics. I have fibre plex so will use that instead. I also have some pro-fibre (same manufacturers of fibreplex) which I can sprinkle over his pellets or would that be too much.

He has Oxbow Bunny Basics T and they are available for him to have any time.

Back