• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do all your pairs/groups chase???

kaths101

Warren Veteran
Sooty and Oreo have been chasing alllllll morning :( I keep going up and there are a few bits of fur, no injuries but they still continue to chase - dont know whats wrong with them.

Do all pairs chase? Im just worried because If I do decide to bond into a group - and S & Os Bond isnt great ive got no chance!! Or is it normal??

Apart from the fact I dont want them to hurt each other - They are driving me mad on my day off!! Sounds like a herd of elephants upstairs! :roll:

I'e just posted about this too! I think it's this 'spring fever' that everyone talks about and it's bringing out some odd behaviour in the buns... only problem is Ralph draws blood and wounds Ruby :( so I'm thinking about this too .

Do S and O do it at dusk and dawn? And who chases who?

I have recently taken on a new bun and bonded her with Travis. I still think it's early days as they still keep chasing. This is a concern for me too at the moment as it's something I never experienced with Travis and Treacle.

I quite often hear a scuffle and see s chunk of Travis' fur in Poppy's mouth, but then moments later, they'll be laying next to each other.

I can only assume it's individual to each pair / group. I'd always describe Travis and Treacle as madly in love childhood sweethearts, as they doted on one another. At the moment, I see Travis and Poppy as flatmates. They certainly don't hate each other, they enjoy each others company, but I think that's as far as it goes! :roll:

Hope this makes sense?

They do always chase at feeding time, I think they are just excited and just go round and round in circles, but it doesnt seem to be any other particular time of day - just when they feel like it :roll:

pearl does when theres food. alvin does when hes mid hump and pearl runs away... she now just jumps up on the carrier and he sits there looking confused :roll:

My pairs do in certain circumstances. Like when there's food, or I'm fussing one, or I put them all out on the grass and they (one of them, it's ALWAYS fluffy-brained Amber) 'forgets' the girly bun pair, takes offense to them sharing her air and garden, and tries to chase her husbun. Who has none of it and calms her right back down.

Back