• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please help me UK or US-ers!!

I cannot find NIC Cubes ANYWHERE and I was hoping someone could help me find some eBay links with international postage or some sites that sell internationally. I've found some fantastic set up designs and I really think this is the way for me. I've literally spent hours googling, eBaying, and in general searching. I've scoured every store in Melbourne.

Please help me!! Preferably reasonably priced.

Yours truly, PrincessDesperate xx

Does it have to be NIC cubes? If you just want a rectangular area I find using a pen much easier. I used to have NIC cubes but gave up on them as they take ages to clean out and fall apart if you breath near them.

Well we have a cat so I was hoping for something with a lid...I thought of an xlarge dog crate but I'm concerned it won't be large enough.

And Joobs, thanks but I've already seen those sites :(

Well we have a cat so I was hoping for something with a lid...I thought of an xlarge dog crate but I'm concerned it won't be large enough.

I peg netting over my pen to stop Bungle jumping out, would that stop the cat attempting to jump in?

If not placing some chipboards on top will but make sure they can be chewed by bunny.

a dog crate, with an added puppy pen as a run would be fine :wave:

Hmmm okay ladies I'm happy with puppy pen and crate! :D

Just a few questions...

1. What can I use as flooring for the pen part?

2. Netting wouldn't be strong enough to keep a kitten out, what is a chipperboard?

My Bunnies just have an off-cut of carpet in their pen, that way any "accidents" don't damage my own flooring. Chipboard is a light wooden board, similar to MDF/Plywood etc. Might be difficult to manoeuvre. You could always make something similar to an outdoor rabbit run lid to go over the top. Otherwise, I cant remember what the material is, but it's sheets of the plastic board that they make For Sale house signs out of. I've seen that suggested in a lot of places for things. You can usually get that quite easily online.

My personal experience of grid cubes was awful. I'm not sure if they'd be able to withstand your cat jumping on them. They kept collapsing a lot when I was trying to build with them. Once together, they're not so bad, but I wouldn't use them somewhere where they will need to withstand weight.

Hope this helps. Will try to find the name of the corrugated plastic stuff for you.

Back