• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Food?

What's better for bunnies?

• Science Selective

Votes: 28 77.8%
  • Burgess Supa Excel

Votes: 8 22.2%

• Total voters

Isis

Mama Doe
Whats better Burgess Supa Excel or Science Selective.

Wispa is on Burgess Supa Excel, but is that the best food for him?

i think if you have a bun thats prone to a mucky bottom, SS is the way to go. If your bunny doesnt have that problem, excel is fine.

None of my bunnies have had mucky bums ever in their lives, they just dont :lol: so they had excel. But cotton (foster) im giving him SS as he is switching over food and want himt o have a high fibre food as hes so little.

but Excel is fine, especially if you have no tummy problems.

I had a boarder once whos bunny had a mucky bum 24/7 despite loads of hay and no veg, and i tried SS with her and now shes always fine and can have veggies again

I think it depends on the bunny. I prefer SS but some of my dental buns can't eat it due to the shape so are on excel :)

All my buns are on SS. Though most came to me on Excel, and in the past i always used excel. But when i got Gracie, she was on SS and i decided i prefered it, so all the buns are on it now.

I think Oxbow Bunny Basics is really good. My bunny is on it.

It's really expensive but good quality. My buns have never had any dental, digestion or health related problems ever since she's been on it.

my bunnies are on excell, rosie is on junior/dwarf, locks is on adult
mowgli was also on excell junior/dwarf

my first 2 bunnies mitzi and thumper used to be on wagg

Mine are on SS as I have found it to be the best for Snowdrops tummy. I have tried them on Excel which gives Snow diahorrea, A&P which she cant maintain condition on and now they are settled on SS.

I give Radish SS due to the amount of recommendations on here and she looks great on it. But I swapped her from Pets at home nuggets and have never tried her on Excel.

Oxbow Bunny Basics T for my two as it is the highest in fibre and lowest in calcium.

I changed to it when one of them had bladder sludge and digestive problems (he was on SS at the time but had recently changed from Excel)

My own buns are on SS, but foster buns have Excel. Ive never had a bunny here bad on excel :) If your bun is fine on Excel, id keep him on it :) xXx

Do you think I should stay on Excel or change to Science? He's very healthy and a good weight :?

if you have no problems with bunnies being on excell no sticky bottoms and they are fit and healthy then i wouldn't change either :wave:

Mine are on SS.

Herbie was on Excel, but frequently had a mucky bum. I swapped over to SS after reading about Excel and mucky bums on here. Herbie's bum has been as clean as a whistle since moving over to SS :D

I probably wouldn't have changed over if it wasn't for Herbie's bum though.

Back