• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nocturnal Bunnies

Hessen

Banned
Honestly, these two spend the whole day asleep then wake up and have a nomnom about 9:00pm, potter about for a bit then between midnight and 1:00am it's crazy binky time!

Do I have abnormal vampire buns?

Nope that's normal rabbit time keeping. You're the weird one trying to sleep during bunny play hour :lol:

Rabbits naturally sleep most from mid morning to late afternoon and are most active evening and early morning, though also on/off inbetween. The adjust a bit to your scedual too.

Scamp has crazy hour somewhere between 9.30 and midnight and dinner afterwards.

That's good to know. Was worried that they were just being odd!

Thankfully I'm always awake till about 3 anyway, so I get to watch all the fun - wifey just sees lazy buns, I get to see the party!

Rabbits are classified as crepuscular, meaning they are most active at dusk and dawn. It is believed that crepuscular animals adopt this behaviour to minimise threat from nocturnal and/or diurnal predators. Personally, I think it is more of a learned behaviour than genetic as it varies significantly in domestic rabbits which seem to be much more active of an evening, such as in the cited case.

Julie is a night owl but so am I. It works out. Even after I go to bed there is always the noise of toys being tossed about.

Funny you should post this thread...... i have had Littlebun doing a mad dash round the bedroom since 2am!!!! i don't think he/she sleeps EVER!! :shock:

Pie runs like clockwork. 1:15am - has a mad half hour, rattling the pen, digging, binkying and running around doing laps.
And again at about 5:40. EVERY night/morning. :censored: Rabbit!

Snowdrops crazy hour was at 4.30am this morning! He sleeps under our bed all day and is active between 8pm and midnight. Then again between about 4am and 8am.

She woke me up crazy binkying all over the bedroom!

Back