• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ideal Weight for a Xlionhead Female

Margret

Warren Scout
We rescued Nala in September last year....we didn't know anything about her, but guessed she was around 9 months old...vet also said she thought she was about 9 months. She then weighed 2.4k. On taking her back to vet yesterday for her 6 monthly vaccination, she now weighs 2.8. Vet suggested we try and get her back to 2.4. What is the average weight of a Xlionhead female.....she doesn't look too heavy or fat.

I think they can be really variable. Ruby is 1.8kg and the perfect weight according to the vet. She's quite smal though...

Thanks everyone. Nala is quite a big rabbit, but I have taken on board what the vet says and have cut back on the amount of pellets she is given. Will keep her to the same amount of veg an she has as much hay as she wants. Hopefully when the weather is better she will have more free time to race around the garden. OH is not a happy person since I have cut back on pellets, he thinks she will be hungry, but I have told him she will eat more hay and grass if this is the case.

Back