PDA

View Full Version : Bunny Nature Bed O Linum

Joanne_and_Fred
20-02-2010, 07:56 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone tried this bedding? I do believe it is a Flax bedding but does NOT contain Citronella Oil.

This is what is said about it
"A loose 3-5 cm layer of Bed O’Linum provides your pet with the maximum
level of comfort and guarantees that it will have a comfortable, dry
surface for moving and sleeping on. Replace the corners containing
droppings and urine with new Bed O'Linum as necessary; as a result, you and
your pets enjoy a clean cage for weeks. According to the size of the cage
and the number of animals in it, bunny Bed O'Linum stays dry for up to 14
days and constantly stops the smell of ammonia.

bunny Bed O’Linum is a natural product that biodegrades quickly and can
be disposed of in the bio-waste bin or in the compost.
35 litres corresponds to a filling level of approximately 5 cm on an area
of 120 cm x 60 cm

The Duchess
20-02-2010, 08:05 PM
I am currently trialing it and like it very much for my piggies and rabbits alike.

Joanne_and_Fred
20-02-2010, 08:52 PM
I am currently trialing it and like it very much for my piggies and rabbits alike.

Thank you, I'm considering trying it with my piggies!

poppymoon
20-02-2010, 08:57 PM
i was reading about this for my piggies as megazorb made me wheeze dreadfully so i can only use newspaper and hay:?. does it seem as dusty as megazorb? do you know of any suppliers or do you have to buy direct from bunny nature's site?

The Duchess
20-02-2010, 09:00 PM
i was reading about this for my piggies as megazorb made me wheeze dreadfully so i can only use newspaper and hay:?. does it seem as dusty as megazorb? do you know of any suppliers or do you have to buy direct from bunny nature's site?

This is not at all dusty.

You may find that a well known online supplier may decide to have it in due course. I am trialling it for someone at present. Don't know where else you might get it from at the moment, but you could always message Bunny Nature.:D

Joanne_and_Fred
20-02-2010, 09:00 PM

This site is getting it in, http://www.animalmagicpetsupplies.co.uk/epages/BT3336.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/BT3336/Products/%22Bunny%20Naturesample%22 I believe they also donate 5% to a rescue.

poppymoon
20-02-2010, 09:08 PM
thank you both:D i'll hang back on my next animal magic order until they get this in:wave:

Joanne_and_Fred
20-02-2010, 11:52 PM
They advised me they will be getting it next week... I shall be trialing it too!! :D

alisont
23-02-2010, 09:57 PM
Im keen to try this as I find Megazorb dusty but need something for Leo bunnys loo area and for Monty guinea who lives insode.

Ive emailed the company and will be ordering from them.

If you go on their website in March there wil be an intro offer to buy 2 bags of either size and get a 3rd free:)

Animal magic and hay exprets will also be selling this soon.

poppymoon
12-03-2010, 09:53 AM
This is not at all dusty.

You may find that a well known online supplier may decide to have it in due course. I am trialling it for someone at present. Don't know where else you might get it from at the moment, but you could always message Bunny Nature.:D

how did your trial go with the bed o linum? worth the money to keep piggies a bit more stink free? (though i'd ask before i place todays order with the 'well known online supplier':)

The Duchess
12-03-2010, 10:00 AM
how did your trial go with the bed o linum? worth the money to keep piggies a bit more stink free? (though i'd ask before i place todays order with the 'well known online supplier':)

Hiya.

I really like it.

I did worry that it might not be as absorbent as something like Megazorb, but I am very pleased. It even seems to be good at absorbing the smell as well as the liquid. The piggies have done really well on it. It's so soft, despite looking like it should be a bit harsh from the small spikey nature, but it is not at all - it's really silky. My piggies have spent a lot of time this week laying down flat out - and the best part is that my Peruvian has got a really tidy coat too which I wouldn't necessarily have expected.

I'd say give it a go - with the two sizes of bag, it's worth trying at least the small size. I only used a small amount for each tray and it seems to be quite enough.

Let us know what you think.

poppymoon
12-03-2010, 10:04 AM
thank you:D

think i'll try the smaller bags first as they're not back in the hutch yet (indoor cages with pens attached).

i had them on aubiose (sp?) a while back but that really triggered the asthma i've developed so i'm hoping i can find something that suits them and me.

Sagemacd
12-03-2010, 01:05 PM
I currently use carefresh for Charlies litter tray, Is the same sort of thing? Is it Cheaper?

poppymoon
12-03-2010, 01:10 PM
I currently use carefresh for Charlies litter tray, Is the same sort of thing? Is it Cheaper?

its not made from paper like carefresh - there's another thread on here with some pics and a better description of it (search bed o linum):).

i've ordered some as carefresh and megazorb trigger horrible asthma attacks in me but this is supposedly dust free and if it does need changing less often, i'm hoping it will cut down on my problems as well as keeping my messy pigs happy.