• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rehoming Rabbits

Where Would You Place Details of a Rabbit (Rabbits) in Need of a New Home ?

• Only on Rabbit Rehome

Votes: 38 46.3%
  • Classified Ads online and in local newspapers

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Ad in Vet Surgery, Petshop

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • There are no circumstances whereby I would EVER rehome a Rabbit

Votes: 33 40.2%

• Total voters

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Apart from on Rabbit Rehome where else would you place details of Rabbits for Rehoming. Not including Rescues, I mean individual Pet Rabbits ?

I have included a poll :)

Last edited:
I havent voted because:

I would never rehome any of my bunnies...
however.. i have had fosters, and with those -
I rehomed via rabbit rehome,and placed an adverts in my local vet surgery/

I would never rehome my own rabbits, if I could no longer have them my parents or Sister would have them. If it really came to it Alison would find new homes for them.

For "rescues" I have used RU and RR but wouldn't mind using free ads/ad in vets as I would do a homecheck anyway

I've said RR only, but I can't imagine ever rehoming any (not that I have any at the moment!! :p). I do understand that sometimes circumstances dictate otherwise though.

I wouldn't rehome Charlie ever, I'd give up everything I had before any of my animals went!
But if I had a foster or I found a stray, I'd post on here, in vets and probably put a sign in a petshop too, but make it clear that I'd be doing a home check too

I will eat beans on toast so my bunnies,cats,ferrets,Ruby the parrot,all have their needs fulfilled be it food to vet bill.

In an ideal world I would never ever rehome any animal but if circumstances were beyond my control and I had to rehome (had absolutely no other choice) I would use RR or through RU only.

If I did ever have to rehome it would be through RR. Having said that Albert and Dutchie are supposed to go back to FatFluffs if I ever cant keep them and since they are bonded buns all 5 would have to go :shock:

My mum has loved Albert since I got him so I think him and Evie would probably go there

I cant answer. I like to think I wouldn't rehome any of my rabbits but under certain circumstances I may find myself having to.

In which case I would advertise on all the places listed as I would always do a homecheck anyways.

my view at the moment is i will never ever ever rehome my bunnies..once if made that promise to an animal they are my family till they or i die :love::love::love:

NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER and again i say NEVER

Last edited:
I wouldn't rehome Charlie ever, I'd give up everything I had before any of my animals went!
But if I had a foster or I found a stray, I'd post on here, in vets and probably put a sign in a petshop too, but make it clear that I'd be doing a home check too

Ditto

RR via RU if I really had to. I want nothign but the best for all my animals, even if that means someone else having them :cry:

I don't think you can ever say you'd never rehome any of your animals. I'd walk to hell and back over hot coals with pins in my eyes before I'd contemplate rehoming any of mine BUT who knows what my future holds for me. There may be a situation where I'm literally forced into rehoming as it's the kindest option:cry:.

In this instance, I'd look to the rescues where I obtained my animals first as I've signed adoption contracts to say I'd always do that. Assuming there is no family to whom I could look for assistance, then RU would be my only option. I think you'd stand the best chance of finding a decent home with a like-minded person.

I would NEVER rehome any of my existing rabbits, they are my darlings.

But due to a bond gone horrifically wrong, I have to rehome my newer rabbit.

The only reason for this is that she has with these other rabbits, appeared so paniced and skittish, ran back and forth INTO the walls of the cage when startled, almost trampling some of my buns, and I believe she will be best suited as an only house rabbit with human attention to help with her problems.

I do not want to risk my girls health with a forced bond, and my own girls come first.

I have not the space for an indoor houserabbit in my current house, I have Maggie and Pablo in my room due to Maggie's ill health and do NOT want to house her alone outside.

Anyone who knows me knows this was not an easy decision, as I have had a lot of other personal problems occur this week. :cry:

I don't think you can ever say you'd never rehome any of your animals. I'd walk to hell and back over hot coals with pins in my eyes before I'd contemplate rehoming any of mine BUT who knows what my future holds for me. There may be a situation where I'm literally forced into rehoming as it's the kindest option:cry:.

In this instance, I'd look to the rescues where I obtained my animals first as I've signed adoption contracts to say I'd always do that. Assuming there is no family to whom I could look for assistance, then RU would be my only option. I think you'd stand the best chance of finding a decent home with a like-minded person.

I see what you mean but, I would pay for boarding/fostering even, I would seriously never rehome my animals there would always be an alternative. They go where I go, together forever till death us do part.

Back