• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Run Question

p_prod_uk

Mama Doe
I want to attach the run from a Happy Hutch set up (think it's 6ftx4ft) to my 6x4 shed. Will be putting it on top of concrete slabs but am worrying the buns may be able to lift it up and get out. Has anyone done something similar and did you attach the run somehow to the ground?

On another note. If 2 regular sized buns live in a 10x8ft shed with doors meshed internally so they get plenty of fresh air, do they still need a run?

Thanks

I have my happy hutch run attached to my shed and have had no problems. I still have the hutch attached which helps to weigh it down. My dad cut a hole in the wire and reinforced it with wood so they can get from shed to hutch. There is a piece of wood that fit in the wooden side slats that can be lifted up and down so they can be shut in just the run or just the shed if need be.

You could always put bricks on it if you were worried but I havent had any problems with my lot. If Bella and Chloe could get out they would! and they havent they are both fairly strong buns so I wouldnt worry
shed2.jpg

shed3.jpg

Last edited:
I have my happy hutch run attached to my shed and have had no problems. I still have the hutch attached which helps to weigh it down.

You could always put bricks on it if you were worried but I havent had any problems with my lot. If Bella and Chloe could get out they would! and they havent they are both fairly strong buns so I wouldnt worry

ok thanks - OH did suspect it was just me being overly paranoid!! :roll::lol:

What about the larger 10x8 shed, do you think a run is essential? :)

ok thanks - OH did suspect it was just me being overly paranoid!! :roll::lol:

What about the larger 10x8 shed, do you think a run is essential? :)

Its up to you and how mush space you have. I think its nice for them to have fresh air and see whats going on outside. Even in really bad weather my lot sit out in the run more than the shed

The 10x8 shed has double doors and we've got internal mesh so I leave the outer doors open and they can always get fresh air and see out. Just wondered whether it was essential. Once I've got a bit more money i'd love to add a proper run to the bigger shed, but as long as it's ok as it is, then i don't have to worry.
Thanks for replying! :D

The 10x8 shed has double doors and we've got internal mesh so I leave the outer doors open and they can always get fresh air and see out. Just wondered whether it was essential. Once I've got a bit more money i'd love to add a proper run to the bigger shed, but as long as it's ok as it is, then i don't have to worry.
Thanks for replying! :D

Probably not essential sorry I just reread that they had got fresh air (that will teach me to skim read) 10x8 is great for two buns and of course its big enough if you want to add more ;)

Back