• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Second Bun.......

mangobiscuit

Young Bun
Ok...so i've been toying with the idea of getting Domino a girlfriend.

I have these strange worries and I was wondering if anyone can relate to them or offer some words of wisdom or whatever :p

My main concern that actually fills me with an awful anxious feeling, is that Dom will feel upset or threatened if I bring another rabbit in. He is such a happy little soul and we have a close bond and I'm so terrified of losing that....:cry:

I have read up a bit on bonding etc and understand that it's not a case of chucking them in together :lol: and that it may take a while for them to accept each other. Is it going to be stressful for him? Is there a chance that he will change towards me?

The other worries are housing changes to accomodate, firstly the bonding process, followed by extending his housing for them both.

Setup at the moment is; Dom has NIC cubes on 3 storeys in a square shape 4'X4' which he is in overnight and then has the run of the flat (except bedrooms) during the day and evning.

Will he still be able to free range if I keep the other in whilst they're not totally "bonded" - I don't want him to be cooped up unnecessarily during this time but qouldn't want to leave them unattended until they're totally OK about the whole thing!

Finally, do I just call a rehoming centre adn arrange to take him down to meet some of the girlies??

Sorry for all the questions about housing, bonding and me being a complete paranoid person (I just love him SOOOO much and want the best for HIM):love::love:

Thanks in advance:wave:

I would call your local rescue centre and arrange for him to meet a girly. Most rescue centres will do the bonding for you

What side of London are you?

There is a chance your bun may become a little less attached to you, but I think it is worth it to see two bun snuggling up together :love:

Last edited:
Hi all,

Yes I got him neutered pretty much straight away as he was getting *ahem* rather amorous with me...... :lol:

I would love to see him with a friend to play with. Just wanted to know that he won't feel upset or too stressed by it all.

He sits with me all night and snuggles and licks me - I hope he'll still be the same when he has a lady friend:oops::D

Louise and Gus - I'm in SW London.....any suggestions on centres to go to? I have had a look on Rabbit Rehome site and it seems there are quite a few in Kent/Surrey that would be ideal.

As for housing....eventually they'll be OK to have the same lving quarters right? Should I be looking to double to space Dom and *lady rabbit* have when he doesn't have the run of the house at night?

I have to say I feared this with Charlie, but nothing ever happened. he has always bee a loving cuddly bun wether he is bonded or not, but I definatly notice a difference in him being happy and contented now he has companionship

You'll get even more out of watching all the bunny snuggling and grooming action!! I could watch mine for hours! If he finds the right little wife I'm sure he'll be delighted!!

Back