• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Admit it, you give your buns too many treats

Do you give your buns too many treats?

• Yes

Votes: 29 35.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 20 24.4%
  • Never!

Votes: 27 32.9%

• Total voters
My lot get a sultana every now and then but thats usually bribary. They also get readigrass but thats food stuff rather than a treat

:oops::oops:, she just looks so darn cute begging... " You nasty hoomin making yourself dinner... I like curry too, I can SMELL the coriander

esh im the first one to say never, :shock:

but im lucky to have huge willow tree and herbs growing, theses are their treats but also a nessesity,

its very very rare i buy say bunny junk food as i call it,

I do every now and again, but she's just so darn cute!

My mum on the other hand is some kind of treat addict, and every time she sees Bells comes with a pile of treats, or raids the treats cupboards and is constantly feeding her :lol::lol: My mum stayed for the weekend last week and in the three days she was here almost finished off an entire bag of fenugreek crunchies (feeding Bells, not eating them herself :lol:)

i'm a mean horrible (paranoid) bunny mummy! they prob get too much veg sometimes, coz its fun to chop it up and hide it etc, but they dont get any treats. probably also coz i am a stingy impoverished student! :lol::lol:

oh wait, do those carroty things count as treats? they get 2 every night before bed?! :shock: And Phoenix does feel the need to "sample" my dinner, even if it is curry! :lol::lol::lol:

Had to share an iced finger with badger the other day :roll:

Mostly they are good treats, veg and herbs and the nice hay, but doesn't stop the OH from moaning about it!

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many.. but in my defence one is dying and the other needs to be checked hes still eating regulary :lol::lol:

:lol: You should have seen Dudley today when my mum and step dad came to visit. We were all eating a sandwich and packet of crisps. Well everytime my step dad rattled the bag to get a crisp Dudley came running up put his paws on him, ate his jeans and nibbled at him until he got a treat. It is like having a begging dog at your side :lol: It was very funny though :lol: Mine get a treat or 2 every night :oops: But they get lots of veg and eat lots of hay too although Dudley is becoming a bit of a porker :oops:

Bungle gets far too many through living in the kitchen. Every time I go through he gets a grape, or a piece of carrot, or a fenugreek crunchie.

Strawberry hardly has any treats because he is stocky anyways and he eats all his pellets, veg and hay!

Snowdrop has a few because I like to make sure she is eating as she doesnt usually eat straight away when she is giving food so I worry about her.

What is the difference from the first yes and the second yes? I picked the second yes because Julie is a treat monster but we have cut back on treats with her diet. Treats are now built into her diet with the help of the vet.

Bungle gets far too many through living in the kitchen. Every time I go through he gets a grape, or a piece of carrot, or a fenugreek crunchie.

Strawberry hardly has any treats because he is stocky anyways and he eats all his pellets, veg and hay!

Snowdrop has a few because I like to make sure she is eating as she doesnt usually eat straight away when she is giving food so I worry about her.

That is Julie's excuse. She lives in the kitchen. She will hop right into the frig when it is opened.

I worry about Jester going into stasis again, so every time he looks a bit odd I have to give him a treat to make sure he's eating - which means Daisy has to have one too or she'll rugby tackle Jester to steal his!

I've started snapping fenugreek crunchies into little pieces so that they can have a few bits in a day, but it only works out at one whole crunchie each :)

And the odd carroty :oops:

I don't:lol:

They may get a chopped up apple between the lot of 'em or a banana if I've bought bananas, but they get hay, veg & pellets daily, so can just live with it:lol:

im very strict with what i give them, i sort of learned the hard way when only a teenager and spoiling mitzi my first mini lop like rotten, until i learned it was doing him more harm then good, so now im cruel to be kind and if i do buy treats then they have to be healthy overwise i won't give them to the buns

Back