• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should i get this hutch?!! Help Please :)

:wave: I have been looking for a 6ft hutch with an attached run for my dutch bunny Jasper. I would also like it to be big enough for a friend for him. :love:
Do you think this hutch is suitable, size wise, the quality etc. Please help, any advice is greatly appreciated. :D

Please suggest other hutches with runs if you know any better designs. Not too expensive though please! ;) Possibly not over £150.
If any one suggests a shed with an attached run, i just don't have the room. :( My English rabbits Tinkerbell and Mischief are going to have the shed i have now converted into their house and their 7ft run will be attached. I don't have the room for 2 sheds with attached runs and because Jasper is a much smaller breed, i have decided him and a friend will be the bunnies in the hutch with attached run. ;)

Thank You. :)

That hutch is the right size for a rescue to rehome to you. I would still want them to have some free range time but its a good living space.

It looks good and solid, but the run is only 20". Not tall enough for them to stand upright.

This is a Happy Hutch.
It looks good but it looks too low.
I think the Retail Price is £155, so I'd feel a lot safer, going through Happy Hutch, where it's free delivery and you can return if they muck up or it's not the one you want.
Make sure you get the taller run, 24" instead of 20", remember size matters ;)

That's the one I had. ;)

Yep, the run is only 20 inches high (forgot to mention that in my pm :oops:) but it's not a problem for small-ish buns. Alfie and Bubbles had plenty of room to stretch up in it.

That's the one I had. ;)

Yep, the run is only 20 inches high (forgot to mention that in my pm :oops:) but it's not a problem for small-ish buns. Alfie and Bubbles had plenty of room to stretch up in it.

:) That's ok. ;) My bun Jasper is only a dutch, this big: :love:

jasper.jpg

This is a Happy Hutch.
It looks good but it looks too low.
I think the Retail Price is £155, so I'd feel a lot safer, going through Happy Hutch, where it's free delivery and you can return if they muck up or it's not the one you want.
Make sure you get the taller run, 24" instead of 20", remember size matters ;)

Oh can you get a taller one? If so then that's great! :D

what are you on about?

I'm guessing they were refering to the way your bun is being held. Although buns look relaxed the idea is the rabbit is actually playing dead to deter a predator which would imply the rabbit is highly stressed.

I'm guessing they were refering to the way your bun is being held. Although buns look relaxed the idea is the rabbit is actually playing dead to deter a predator which would imply the rabbit is highly stressed.

That's what I thought too. Although a politely worded sentence would have been far more constructive if that was the reason for the :censored: smilies.

Jasper looks tiny. :love::love:

Trust me, i know Jaspers not stressed when he's like that! :roll: Especially when he's with me. ;) HE IS CRAZY!! :lol: He is in love with me! :lol:: All he does is chase me around grunting and when ever he gets the chance he jumps on me and well yeah...... :shock: I was sat on the sofa today and he jumped up onto my knee!! :oops: He's booked in 4 his neuter next week though. :D

He is not stressed or playing dead! :p He was looking at me blinking and the camera caught him with his eyes closed. ;) I know my little man well and he is not stressed when he's with me! I'm only trying to do the best for him.

i think with the run at the front of the hutch it would be very difficult to reach properly to clean the hutch out.

I have this style of hutch and run for my GP's, it is a bit of a lean to clean the hutch but you can always stand in the run. Mine you need to remove the lid of the run in order to open the top doors which is a pain though - not sure about the one the op is looking at, I didn't look that closely.

I do think its worth getting a taller run if you can.

I have to agree with the holding thing - if a bun wants to be with you sit on the floor and let him choose to sit on your lap or lie next to you for a fuss.

I have this style of hutch and run for my GP's, it is a bit of a lean to clean the hutch but you can always stand in the run. Mine you need to remove the lid of the run in order to open the top doors which is a pain though - not sure about the one the op is looking at, I didn't look that closely.

I do think its worth getting a taller run if you can.

I have to agree with the holding thing - if a bun wants to be with you sit on the floor and let him choose to sit on your lap or lie next to you for a fuss.

He rather humps my leg! :? It's the only way to keep him relaxed and happy to be with me.

Thanks for the advice on the hutch/run, i will keep looking around.

Back