• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I feel I need to do something... Calling all rescues!

georgie_f

Mama Doe
Hi everyone...

I can't sleep. I've been up since 3am pootling around on the internet.

I've just looked on the local classified website and found an advert for a cashmere lop bunny. He looks in a terrible state. I know I'm not allowed to post a link but I didn't see any rules about nicking the pictures of the advert! ;)

Ad reads - CASHMERE LOP MALE RABBIT FOR SALE, 12 MONTHS OLD QUITE FRIENDLY, LOVES BEEN BRUSHED, £10.00, PLEASE CHECK MY OTHER LISTINGS THANK YOU

I'm sure he would love being brushed, if they'd ever done it. :roll: :evil: I assume his hutch is also too small as he's touching the walls of what I presume is his sleeping area on both sides at once. :shock:

I've sent a link to the advert to my local RSPCA but I've contacted them before and they've done nothing. If the RSPCA won't take him in, would any rescues on the mainland offer him a place if I went and got him? It may just be the photo's but to me, he looks as if he has runny eyes and a runny nose, presumably his teeth are dodgy. I'd go and get him for myself but I have no room, my parents would disown me and I can't afford another bunny with teeth problems. :(

If a rescue could offer to take him in, I'd be willing to pay a donation towards his care or do some voluntary fundraising. I often visit my sister in Southampton so can get him off the island easily. My sister is also a rabbit lover so I'm sure she'd agree to a bit of a road trip to take him somewhere.

Can anyone help? I feel so bad for this bunny. :(

ETA - Apologies to admin if I've broken any rules with this post. :oops:

Just realised - they're selling a hutch too, seems likely it would be the hutch this bun is in...

RABBIT / GUINEA PIG HUTCH FOR SALE, MEASURES 3 FOOT X 16 INCHES X 15 INCHES, IN VERY GOOD CONDITION £15.00

*bangs head on keyboard* :(

That makes me feel sick. How can people do that?? The poor little thing, I hope he finds a new home soon. :cry:

Poor bunny. He will be really matted up if he isnt being brushed at least daily and especially if he is squashed into a tiny hutch.

I'm in Havant and would be happy to take part in a bunny run to get this little furball to a rescue somewhere. I've adopted two buns in the last month so can't afford a possible dental bun either at the moment. I do have a spare hutch and run so could 'hold' him if a rescue couldn't take him straight away.

We took in two yesterday - you wouldn't believe the state they were in.
I wish people wouldn't breed cashmere lops for pets

Back