• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

berties on piriton pills....have i messed up?

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
bertie was prescribed piriton pills by claire the vet who i saw with gem.
claire thinks its an allergy caused by the pasturella leaving it all inflammed.
hes still got slightly runny eyes every now and then but he always has had.
he is now only sneezing when he is actually eating his pelelts and his hay and hay cookies.
claire advised damping his hay but thats not been successful....ill have to try again i think.

hes had five days worht of pills..then i realised i had to open a new pill to give him day six....which means i must have forgotten last nights dose. hes had all his other doses just fine...but with the way ive been...i must have thought id given it to him:( how much harm will that have done? hes got a two week course and hes had five days now.

i dont think missing one dose will hurt him. i would simply continue the course for an extra day to use up the tablet.

i dont think missing one dose will hurt him. i would simply continue the course for an extra day to use up the tablet.

I agree with the above. Don't worry about it.
I swish Thumper's hay round in a big bowl of water to get the dust out. I quick in & out dry off on a cake wrack. It's a bit of a palaver but it's stopped him sneezing.

I swish Thumper's hay round in a big bowl of water to get the dust out. I quick in & out dry off on a cake wrack. It's a bit of a palaver but it's stopped him sneezing.

Thats a good idea actually!

What about damping down his pellets as well?

hmm im not too sure about his pellets but i hope to get a new box and use a colander to sieve the dust like i used to with ss in the past.
As for his hay..he loves to eat it hanging out of the box so its like a ignat hay rack. Do you think i coiuld use a water bole/mister and just lightly mist the hay hanging out rather than drying it on racks?
He has hay from the dust free hay company..its soft stuff at the mo as when i ordered my sack of it they were out of the stalky stuff.

i was hoping to find a solution which wasnt risky enough to be my stupidity at getting mould on it:oops:

mum gave him two hay cakes and that makes him sneeze....so guess ill have to spray that too?

i have seen an add on tv for babies with a calpol saline nose spray..im so tempted to buy one and try it with his nose.

we have had to put a new vaccum cleaner on the credit card..cost £50 its a hoover cylinder bagged one for pets. i also have some more cloths for my cheap little electrostatic sweeper....i steam cleaned the lounge floor yesterday.much to his disgust:lol:

omg perhaps hes allergic to our cats like i am..i have antihistamines and a nasal spray...still sneeze stoopid!!

right ill start monday as the hoover should be here then..otherwise its a waste of time with his allergy.

ill update in a few days time...fingers crossed.

Gem did you get the email with his piccy?

Some buns will eat the hay while still damp.
It won't get mouldy if you do a new batch every 24 hours. About 80% of the water just runs off with a quick dunk. I just do a teased out handful at a time.

Back