• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grim's having a dental tomorrow. U/D post 26 More bad news...

So sorry I missed this. How did it go, & how's the special bun today?

ETA I enjoy your video of Grimlock & the washing so much. Thumps does something similar with a strip of material. They are the only 2 buns I know who do this. I haven't a clue what it's about. Have you?

Last edited:
awww good luck Grim - lots of vibes, sooty, oreo and charlie have their paws crossed for you xxxx

He's not had it yet, going in at 8.30 this morning. I should get some sleep... :shock:

And thanks again for all the vibes. He's my special little boy. Him and Samus have been getting extra attention tonight. :)

He's not had it yet, going in at 8.30 this morning. I should get some sleep... :shock:

And thanks again for all the vibes. He's my special little boy. Him and Samus have been getting extra attention tonight. :)

You should indeed be getting some sleep. We're going in tomorrow too, so I'll be thinking of you.

So sorry I missed this. How did it go, & how's the special bun today?

ETA I enjoy your video of Grimlock & the washing so much. Thumps does something similar with a strip of material. They are the only 2 buns I know who do this. I haven't a clue what it's about. Have you?

He's in there now. :( I only got five hours sleep in the end.

About the video, that was before he was neutered and my first bun Lopsie did it and he wasn't done. That's the only connection I can think of.

Last edited:
Thank you Jenova.
Thumper's an intact buck too, so it's probably to do with that.

Goodness but the house is empty without them isn't it? Hoping you get good news soon.

I hate it when they're not there. I've had a rabbit hutch outside my back door since I was eleven and I'm now twenty four. It's just habit to always check them and I feel wrong without them there.

Anyway they're back now, but with some weird news... Grimlock has two molars missing and they think they've fallen out. I'm a little worried but he's being checked up on wednesday and I'll have lots of questions, but if anyone here knows anything about molars falling out I'd be grateful to hear.

My money didn't come through but they've let me pay on monday even though they have a strict rule about people paying immediately. They know me too well. But they all love Grim, the receptionists all ask after him and the vet I saw when I picked him up was saying how they had the run of a dog kennel while they where there and were having a whale of a time tearing up the place. I am so proud of Samus too, she looked after Grim so well. :)

He's on baytril for his mouth and eye which is still bad, and he has eye drops too. He doesn't seem to want to eat any pellets but he's had soggy bread with medicine on and a bit of apple cut into tiny pieces so I'm happy with that. They're in the bedroom at the moment but itching to get back out. :lol:

I's good that they are safely home :D:D:D
Grimlock is one of those special bunnies to me.

I'm sorry I can't help with the missing molars. :? Did they take an XR while he was under GA? Hoping all turns out OK.

I's good that they are safely home :D:D:D
Grimlock is one of those special bunnies to me.

I'm sorry I can't help with the missing molars. :? Did they take an XR while he was under GA? Hoping all turns out OK.

He had an x ray when they removed his incisors and nothing was mentioned then. Seems it's very recent. I've been soaking his pellets for a week or two now anyway so I may just carry on doing that. It's a pain though as it means I have to feed him seperately because Smoo will just go through her food and eat his too.

I just can't believe how full of life he is considering all he's been through. And that stupid vet told me to have him put down when they found the abcesses. I'm still so angry even though it was months ago. But all that matters now is that my buns are happy.

I really understand what you mean about our buns being full of life & happy. They ask for so little, & give us so much.

At a guess I suppose that it's possible that the abscesses caused a loosening of Grim's teeth & they fell out naturally.
We've got everything crossed, here that all will go well on Wed.
Please keep us updated.

A special nose rub to your buns from us.

Thank you! :mrgreen:

I so hope what I said did not offend you.

We have the problem of Thumper's roots growing into the eye sockets, which will eventually blind him, but they would have to be removed by cutting his maxilla from the outside. Neither the vet nor I want such major surgery except as a very last resort. Forgive me, it was much on my mind that it might be a blessing if they could only just fall out & the hole fill in with painless fibrous tissue. On the other hand it could be his gut getting worse.

For some reason I thought that Grim might have kidney problems as well. It's a worry for both of us for different reasons.

Oh no you didn't offend me. As upset as I am about Grim's heath and I'm sure you are about Thumper, the only way for us to help each other is to ask questions and share experiences. Grimlock's roots have blocked his tear ducts and he gets a lot of gunk and infection. The abcesses were under his incisors but it's possible it's the cause. At the moment I'm soaking his pellets as I'm not sure how easy it is for him to eat.

Thank goodness I didn't cause you further distress!
It's bad enough worrying about our buns without a human like me putting their feet in it!

I'm stuck. Lloyd Ferris has a bun with a molar missing. No idea how, as it was only discovered when his bun needed a dental because the opposing tooth had overgrown.

It sounds a good idea to soften his pellets. I'm wondering how to get some fiber in? I once cut Thumper's hay into 1/4" pieces with scissors, & poured hot water over, leaving them to soak to soften them, then mixed them in with his veg. Well he just managed to separate the hay from the veg & spat it out in a neat pile by his bowl didn't he?!:shock: He goes for dried /fresh leaves
for fiber eg bramble at the mo. I suppose they're a bit like crisps - not much chewing needed!

Back