• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to find a bunny to rehome

lauramc888

Warren Scout
I live in central Scotland with my fiance and our bunny Pepper. We had another bunny called Salt but unfortunately she died on the 3rd of January this year :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Still miss her very much, but now am CONSIDERING seeing about getting another bunny to go with my Peppy. Shes a 3 year old female liionhead lop type of bunny. Gorgeous!! So shed need a man I think. Pepper needs dentals done every so often, she had an abscess on her tear duct but vet seems to think its went away! So she appears a healthy loved bunny,

Anyway, for anyone still with me :D is there anywhere on this forum I can look for bunnies needing rehomed in Scotland?

Also, I am quite prepared for it to be a bit of an older bun and with 'imperfections' I saw the bunny with no ears Stuart, and just fell in love with him!!!!

I would just like to offer a good home to a bun needing it. Pepper is coping fine on her own without Salt (who was her sister) but maybe shed like a man.

My main reservation is scared that maybe Pepper wont get on with the new guy!! Because at the moment Pep is my priority and if that happened, do rescues take the bunny back? That would be heartbreaking!!

Sorry for verrrrrry long post. Im nervous about it!!

edit: oops, just realised you aren't a newbie. :wave:

The site is linked to Rabbit Rehome where you can search for buns:

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/search_form.asp

There is also the rabbits in need section and I'm sure there is a list of rescues on the rabbit rehome site.

Happy bunny hunting. :eek:)

p.s. there are also bunnies listed on the SSPCA website but they don't assist with bonding so you just have to hope that they will get on. You can return them within a week or so I think... but could you really return a bun once you had taken him home? I know I couldn't. :oops:

Last edited:
edit: oops, just realised you aren't a newbie. :wave:

The site is linked to Rabbit Rehome where you can search for buns:

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/search_form.asp

There is also the rabbits in need section and I'm sure there is a list of rescues on the rabbit rehome site.

Happy bunny hunting. :eek:)

p.s. there are also bunnies listed on the SSPCA website but they don't assist with bonding so you just have to hope that they will get on. You can return them within a week or so I think... but could you really return a bun once you had taken him home? I know I couldn't. :oops:

I have used that online search on the link you gave and it seems that fife rabbit rescue seem to be the closest but on their website there isnt any buns that would fir my 'criteria'. IE single male etc. Does anyone know if they will have more than on the internet? Maybe worth popping over. I looked on the rabbits in need page but all seem to be in England.

And joob, that is definately something I dont want to happen! Id feel awful having to take a bunny back if they didnt get on. I know some rabbit rescues will bond them for you

I have used that online search on the link you gave and it seems that fife rabbit rescue seem to be the closest but on their website there isnt any buns that would fir my 'criteria'. IE single male etc. Does anyone know if they will have more than on the internet? Maybe worth popping over. I looked on the rabbits in need page but all seem to be in England.

And joob, that is definately something I dont want to happen! Id feel awful having to take a bunny back if they didnt get on. I know some rabbit rescues will bond them for you

I think that rescues often have more buns than they show on their websites, as they don't really have time to keep updating them. Could you maybe phone or email and ask?

Everyone's given really good advice....but you'll have to look for a bun with a name of a condiment! ;) :lol::lol:

Good luck in finding him, sorry about your loss!

theres is also paws here in Edinburgh I know they have a few boys in at the moment I myself are fostering 2 from there but Someone on here have offered them a forever home after there spaying. I will be fostering some more from them when these 2 boys are with there new family . I have pm you with details of another 2 rabbits who are looking for a forever home also.

Back