• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ridiculous

dayle_x

Mama Doe
In one of my assignments i have to say how certain accommodation meets animal needs...and one of them is a 3ft hutch with a 3ft x 4ft run! should i just write that it doesn't meet any needs?
i've sat here trying to think of positives...

You could always say it's probably just about OK for two small guinea pigs if you're looking for something positive to say (although a 4ft hutch and a larger run would be better). But I would be brave and say it's not suitable for rabbits.

You could say that the run meets rabbits needs to forage etc....but I'd flatly refuse to admit that it's ok for a rabbit in the assignment.

You can say that the principle of space to run about in is meeting the rabbit's needs...but that the space is in no way big enough.

....what a silly assignment! :lol:

i've got to do it with regards to a rabbit. have just wrote that the run allows them to either wear down their claws or forage, but is way too small!

Write about how it doesn't meet the needs, then state the RSPCA and RWAF minimum hutch and run sizes, then maybe quote from the Animal Welfare Act or something.

Sorry, no help really :oops:

Well it meets their needs to keep them safe and dry. You can then say how it doesn't fulfil their needs to exercise or their psychological needs for stimulation and freedom to move around.

Back