• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Has anyone experienced a similar illness?

trixibelle

Young Bun
Hi everyone,

My poor rabbitwill have to spend a 3rd night at the vet and is receiving treatment for stasis - she has eaten a bit but still hasn't passed any droppings in 3 days! I am so worried - I wondered if anyone had had a similar problem or knows what could be causng this to happen,

Thanks for your time!

xx

I'm so sorry your bun is unwell :cry: I had the same thing with mine last year, he too was in the vets with statis and it was so bad they had to operate as his gut was blocked with what the vet called 'goo'!! We had no idea what this could be until we got home and to our horror the green 'chewable' tube our bun played in all day had been eaten! Such a worring time and I know how you feel. Your bun is in the best possible place and I'm sure your vet will look after him. My bun made a full recovery but it was touch and go for a while. The trouble was getting him to eat. The only thing I could tempt him with was fresh parsley as after lookiing on the internet this is a tonic for rabbits which I didn't know. I know it's hard but try not to worry. Me and my buns are sending lots of vibes for you. Keep us updated with progress. :wave:

i think Alvins record for no poop is about 4 days.. he was admitted daily for days and just wasnt pooping at all. they kept putting the food in and the fluid injections and he even nibbled tiny amounts.. just seemed to take forever before it started to appear out of the other end.

sending loads of get well vibes, hope you get your bunny home soon xxx

Ginger has had a couple of bouts of stasis too. Good luck with you're little bun, and let us know what's happening.

Back