• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vitamin Supplements?

youthnovels

Wise Old Thumper
Leos still being an incredibly fussy eater. I've tried him on literally every food I can get my hands on and lots of different hays.

I'm giving him lots of veg but I'm still worried that he's not getting all the vitamins he need. Would anyone recommend putting some sort of supplement in his water just to make sure? I'm so worried about him. I wish he'd just eat some pellets to put my mind slightly at ease :roll:

I give my buns half a dose of vitamins sprayed on their morning food. If they eat a high hay diet with not much else I think it's probably a good thing.

I'd ask your vet what they'd recommend. A powder is probably best as the water ones rely on rabbits drinking an average amount of water.

The idea of a half dose is a good one. These vitamins that proclaim to provide 100% of the daily requirement bother me as what about all the vitamins they are eating too!

Back