• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So sad (update i think this women was in the vets!!!!!)

bluebunny

Wise Old Thumper
I saw an advert for conti giant babies a few months ago near me they wanted £60 for them over the last few weeks the price has come down and down and there now £25,She has now listed another lot of babies at £60 when she cant sell the first ones:evil:

Last edited:
When i was at the vets there was a women in there with a blue conti he was massive:shock: She said she imported him from holland on mon but hes very poorly:( I got Talking to her shes bought him for breeding i asked how many she has she said 56:shock: but different breeds,I think its the same women who is advertising the babies cause she also has other breeds

Poor bun.At least hes free from being bred and bred and perhaps even culled (see other thread) when he/she has fulfilled requirements.
Sleep in Peace,Bun.xxx

The rabbit died that night at the vets,they said it was down to stress:(

Oh for f:censored:'s sake- if she hadn't tried to make a f:censored:ing profit by breeding then he would probably be fine. :evil:

ETA: There really should be a breeding licence required for breeding

Oh for f:censored:'s sake- if she hadn't tried to make a f:censored:ing profit by breeding then he would probably be fine. :evil:

ETA: There really should be a breeding licence required for breeding

He had been imported from holland,thats what caused the stress,She advertises all the parents of the babies are dutch imports:(

He had been imported from holland,thats what caused the stress,She advertises all the parents of the babies are dutch imports:(

I didn't think you were allowed to just bring/import animals from other countries now without quarantine ? Not disputing what your saying as I am not sure tbh but, it's worrying when you think of diseases etc I think the fact she is prepared to import a rabbit from Holland to further her business is proof of her motives and it is not the welfare of rabbits:evil::evil::censored:

I didn't think you were allowed to just bring/import animals from other countries now without quarantine ? Not disputing what your saying as I am not sure tbh but, it's worrying when you think of diseases etc I think the fact she is prepared to import a rabbit from Holland to further her business is proof of her motives and it is not the welfare of rabbits:evil::evil::censored:

You are allowed to around Europe, so long as they have a signed vaccination booklet.

You are allowed to around Europe, so long as they have a signed vaccination booklet.

Yes I had a feeling it would be to do with the EU rules, I suppose as long as they are vaccinated it makes sense, at least that would put someone off eating him, poor bunny.

Maybe he had an enlarged/or weak heart. Lots of giants do, and I think it's more likely if they're really, really big. :( He wouldn't cope well with stress if that's the case.

Back