• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poorly bunny...help!?

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
Oliver didn't eat his pellets yesterday morning, so went for a dental (he's less than a year old and has never needed a dental before). He had a couple of small spurs, but nothing major. The vet gave him some rimadyl and said to call tomorrow (i.e. today) if he still wasn't eating his pellets.

Well...overnight he has pooped and has eaten quite a bit of readigrass, but he's still not interested in pellets (I've tried him on different 3 types, and have even tried soaking them).

Interestingly, he seems to have lost his litter training and has peed rather a lot on the floor of his hutch.

We're at the vets later, but does this sound like it could be a urinary tract infection? Or are dental problems still more likely?

It could be a urine infection if he has lost his litter training. Then again if he is in pain with his teeth he wont be bothered to move to go to his litter tray.

Lots of vibes for him, hope he is feeling better soon.

I dont know if if Urine infect/teeth/other, but similar to Simba recently...

Simba began pooing everywhere 4th feb, weeing over the sofa and his floor the next day. First thoughts being, hmn, hormones and snip time. (Hes now 6mths old)

On the saturday he only ate his pellets by leaving them and coming back for more - not all in one go. On the sunday was not very interested and then refused his kale. By mon poops had become small... off to vets, fairly quiet tummy, gut stim inj and gut med for home. Got him lots of smelly herbs which he ate no prob but still no eating nuggets... but poos go a bit bigger. Weds back to vets = better gut sounds = teeth spikes visable so had a dental next day.

1 week later, after dental hes only just been able to manage a portion of pellets in one sitting. Hay eating like no tommorrow, poos larger but not back to normal.

Strangely... Peeing stopped as soon as gut meds given, still pooing on his floor, but not ours!

Maybe the spurs are big enough though to be putting him off eating?
I have very limited knowledge and experience of buns but it just sounds very similar to how my Simba has been for the past 2 weeks... and (mild) stasis happened within 24 hours of refusing his nuggets.

Hope adding all this hasnt confused the situation, as i say dont have much experience, hope your Oliver is his normal-self and better soon :)

Back