• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

sheds? HELP

angieb

Mama Doe
i think i have found a run i want......is on ebay 12x8x6 at £249...is this resonable? I'm now deciding on a shed to attach it too, does anybody know somewhere cheapish?
will this setup be big enough for 2 medium sized buns? they are going to get spayed tomorrow, so i need to get moving.... :)
HELP :lol:

I would say that price sounds fair, as long as they are decent quality with a proper wire mesh.

Size wise they are going to be very lucky bunnies, that is a great sized run :)

thanks for the reply.....i am looking now for a shed or would it be ok to attach the chicken coop style cages they are in now to the ends so then they have shelter if they want? :?

I would say you get better value for money with a shed - a 6 x 4 shed is about £100! theres one in B&Q for £109.. if you can spend a bit more then there are plenty of sites that do the tongue and groove sheds which are better for bunnies xx

I would say you get better value for money with a shed - a 6 x 4 shed is about £100! theres one in B&Q for £109.. if you can spend a bit more then there are plenty of sites that do the tongue and groove sheds which are better for bunnies xx

ahh thankyou i will have a look in b&q next week.........thing is i am running out of money and my OH is wingeing :roll: so might have to be sly about it! :lol:

:lol: me too! I have done alot of research trying to get the cheapest and best shed - My OH keeps saying are you looking at sheds AGAIN :lol::roll:

You could have a look on ebay / freecycle / gumtree etc see if there are any secondhand sheds going in your area!

Definately try to get one that is SHIPLAP rather than OVERLAP. Shiplap is a lot more hardy and will last longer.

i have just been looking on ebay and there is a 4x3 dog kennel,, with the run would this be ok? the kennel is wood with a felt roof.

thats if it goes alot cheaper than the b&q shed. :roll:

A 4ft x 3ft hutch would be 12square foot, which is plenty of room for a couple of medium buns :) (plus the run of course)

is there a reason or just that it would last longer? :)

Im not sure :lol: but i read somewhere that Overlap is easier for buns to nibble, it is thinner and Shiplap/loglap are a lot more sturdier! Im going to get a bit of a better one as they tend to have a 10 yr guarantee - i think it will be worth it in the long run! If im forking out money I think it is better to get it right in the first place - which is why im taking sooooo long to decide!! :roll:

Back