• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Homer

capel

Warren Veteran
Sandra(Bunnybabe) has just rung me with the news that Homer has been kept in overnight at the vet and is on a drip. Vet's unclear as to what's wrong with him, as he's not bloaty, stomach sounds are fine etc. So..vibes for Homer, Sandra and Carl please. I'll update when I hear anything.

Thanks Hilda. I know I said I wasn't coming on here tonight but I don't know what else to do with myself, I just keep filling up.

I am so worried about my baby.

Thanks for the vibes Jane and Kath.

Sending lots of vibes for Homer

Its always so much worse to cope with when you don't know whats wrong. Thinking of you xx

Come on Homer lots of vibes for him! What happened has he just stopped eating?

Thank you all for the vibes.

He is a dental bun and had his regular dental appt last Thursday. On 12th Jan he had his dental and x-rays taken and my vet was pleased with them. So its not his teeth.

I mentioned to the vet I thought he had lost weight. He was weighed, my vet was a bit concerned but looked at previous weights and said it does fluctuate but if he loses any more he would do bloods but did had checked him over and could see no other symptoms so did not think it was necessary at that point unless anything changed.

Tonight about 5.10pm my hubby noticed that he was lying down and getting up which is always a sign so I took him straight away.

His heart is fine, his guts sounds are fine, he gave him a very throrough physical check including ears, eyes, full body check. We mentioned to him we thought his left back leg was more "relaxed" than normal when sitting down but he was hopping around on it OK. He checked his spine and all around this area throroughly too.

He was eating up until 4pm and he has been pooping.

I guess it is just a waiting game to see what the bloods say in the morning and if necessary he will have X-rays and ultrasound tomorrow.

I'll let Hilda know as soon as I find anything out.

Poor little fella :( it's horrible not knowing what's wrong! Sending tons of vibes for him and so hope he has a miraculous recovery overnight!

Sorry to hear this Sandra. I am sending lots of vibes to you and hope it is all ok. Hope to see you soon too!
Jo x

Thanks for all the vibes and asking about him.

No news yet. I tried to call at 8.30 this morning to see how he was during the night but they were doing a handover and said to call back later. I have been too frightened to call back and thought they may have called by now.

I have told Carl to call them at 2pm if we have not heard anything. I won't be able to get on to update until later though. I will text Hilda if I know anything.

They are still waiting for bloods to be returned and are chasing them up now.

He has actually put on weight since last Thursday 0.5 kg. I am sure there was something wrong with scales last week. He has been eating during the night too and he has been checked over by the vet again this morning.

Until we get bloods back he doesn't want to do X-ray or ultrasound. Will keep you updated.

Back