• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would I be crazy

weeble

to consider getting another rabbit?

Fudge has been at RSPCA for over a year. I had him as a foster bun for a bit and fell in love wiht him. He only went back because they wanted me to take Dave who Hilda now has.

Fudge is a gorgeous little bun who keeps getting over looked because of his colouring and because he nibbles when you pick him up -DONT pick him up then :roll::lol:

I am very tempted to try bonding Fudge with my outside three. I'm just interested in getting some opinions

This is Fudge
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=200532

Definately not crazy but where would he go?

I think so long as you can afford him then go for it.
If I could bond him with B C and D he could go in the shed with them. A and E are having their own shed when its warmer

He would also fit in with my weird alphabet theme :oops:

If I could bond him with B C and D he could go in the shed with them. A and E are having their own shed when its warmer

Thats a good enough reason to get him then!! :lol:
he is gorgeous :love:

I think you've answered your own question hun ... it's meant to be!

If you need a hand with bonding then you know where I am x
Abi what do you think about putting a boy in with Dutchie? Fudge is a bit more fiesty than Albert and of course he is an adult?

He is gorgeous and I can't understand why he's not been snapped up yet. Why not offer to take him on as a "long-term foster"..no vet bills!!;);)

He is gorgeous and I can't understand why he's not been snapped up yet. Why not offer to take him on as a "long-term foster"..no vet bills!!;);)

I dont think it helps that they are saying he is for experienced rabbit owners only. He would be ok with most people as long as they weren't small children. I asked Shawn about it and he said that if it was any other rabbit he would say no but that Fudge was special :D

Well that settles it, he has to come home with you. :p :lol:

Seriously though, if you have room, money and a back up plan in case he doesn't bond with who he's supposed to, then go for it. ;)

Seriously though, if you have room, money and a back up plan in case he doesn't bond with who he's supposed to, then go for it. ;)

Thats the only issue and whats holding me back. He could only go with B C and D and if that doesnt work then theres a problem. Is trying worth the risk to stop him being a lonely rescue bun for another year?

OMG, he's more gorgeous than I remember :love:

Like the other have said, if you have a back up plan etc then go for it. If it were me I'd go for a "long term foster" then you could try to bond, if that worked out then you could adopt him. I was determined with Astrix that he was not staying, he hated being picked up, was very territorial so the answer was (a) don;t pick him up, and (b) gain his trust by healthy treats .... he now tooth purs when fussed :D

I have a spare 48" crate and small indoor cage is you need ;)

OMG, he's more gorgeous than I remember :love:

Like the other have said, if you have a back up plan etc then go for it. If it were me I'd go for a "long term foster" then you could try to bond, if that worked out then you could adopt him. I was determined with Astrix that he was not staying, he hated being picked up, was very territorial so the answer was (a) don;t pick him up, and (b) gain his trust by healthy treats .... he now tooth purs when fussed :D

I have a spare 48" crate and small indoor cage is you need ;)

Unfortunately I dont have space inside for him so it would it be a case of bond with the Dutch lot or nothing :( He sounds very like Asterix

Do it. I have taken on the absolute limit and don't regret it one bit although it is very hard at times. I think if you can afford it, and fell in love with him, then there is no point denying him a bloomin' good home... especially if OH said YAY! xx

Back