• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jack's refusing to take it easy.

casu consulto

Mama Doe
Pffttt. :evil: He was neutered on Monday. Since arriving home he's been trying to fly about and leap on and off things. It's near impossible to stop him, as soon as I set up camp near one thing he jumps onto, he finds another even higher thing to leap up at. He just escaped from my bedroom and got to his beloved stairs, and won't quit zooming up and down them, binkying as he goes, and won't be caught or herded back into the boring bedroom. It's so hard to be irritated because he is SO happy to be out of his 'confinement' (all of two days) in my bedroom and his binkies are awesome.

It's not like he's showing any signs of discomfort (which doesn't mean it doesn't hurt, I know), but it IS swollen and the redness is only slightly less than yesterday. He's on both metacam and baytril as a precautionary thing, but he won't listen when I tell him to calm down.

Aaand now he's being a brat and digging at the carpet, squeezing behind things and stripping the wallpaper... :roll:

Pffttt. :evil: He was neutered on Monday. Since arriving home he's been trying to fly about and leap on and off things. It's near impossible to stop him, as soon as I set up camp near one thing he jumps onto, he finds another even higher thing to leap up at. He just escaped from my bedroom and got to his beloved stairs, and won't quit zooming up and down them, binkying as he goes, and won't be caught or herded back into the boring bedroom. It's so hard to be irritated because he is SO happy to be out of his 'confinement' (all of two days) in my bedroom and his binkies are awesome.

It's not like he's showing any signs of discomfort (which doesn't mean it doesn't hurt, I know), but it IS swollen and the redness is only slightly less than yesterday. He's on both metacam and baytril as a precautionary thing, but he won't listen when I tell him to calm down.

Aaand now he's being a brat and digging at the carpet, squeezing behind things and stripping the wallpaper... :roll:

Well what do you expect, you let some pesky Vet steal his plums !!! :lol:

Well what do you expect, you let some pesky Vet steal his plums !!! :lol:

:lol::lol: as much as he may hate it if hes being too active id keep him confined for a little while to calm him down a bit bless him nice to know hes still full of beans :D

I'm expecting revenge. Last time I dared go near his boy bits he pee'd on my pillow. I'm not sure what a castration equals, but something worse than that. :shock:

He's honestly impossible to confine. I can't keep him caged as he goes manic shaking the bars and trashing it all. AND he escapes. :shock: I let him out in my bedroom... and he kept jumping onto the windowsill. He's all fascinated by the window, so he would sit still up there which I figured was fine as at least he was quiet and calm up there. But then he'd hop back down. And hop onto the bed and off the bed. And climb the book shelf. Then he wanted out the room and dug/tore at the carpet by the door.. He's usually allowed out, so he couldn't understand why he couldn't scamper out. He slips out if the door is opened, sometimes tripping people in the process. :roll: Then he's OFF into any room with the door open, usually zooms right down the stairs binkying as he goes.. and once downstairs there's a whole lot of new mischief!

Apparently he was stitched and then glued. Nothing is bleeding or open. BUT both empty little would-be-plums-if-not-robbed are swollen. :? They were both quite red looking yesterday. Today they're sort of.. less red and look more bruised-like?

When Louie was neutered I set him up a lovely little puppy pen recovery room with lovely soft things to lay on, hay in a rack etc.

Within minutes of being home he had trashed the towel and bed and was attempting to lift the pen to get out.

I gave up and let him freerange as normal and he was fine.

When Louie was neutered I set him up a lovely little puppy pen recovery room with lovely soft things to lay on, hay in a rack etc.

Within minutes of being home he had trashed the towel and bed and was attempting to lift the pen to get out.

I gave up and let him freerange as normal and he was fine.

Well I am shocked

First you let someone steal Louie's plums and then you try to put Louie in 'prison' for the crime !! :no:

;)

:rabbit2:

I think Jack was thoroughly insulted by the entire fiasco. :roll: First I leave him with a MAN vet (he dislikes men!), where cats and dogs make meows and barks (he dislikes dogs and cats), then the MAN vet steals his plums and flips him upside down to poke about down there... Then he comes home and I try and keep him locked in ONE room when he's used to the run of the house, practically. AND I'm syringing icky, icky meds down him.

He's decided that stripping wallpaper is a great punishment for all that. Somehow he's stripping wallpaper in the hall that is near impossible to remove.

Eee, he's back at the vets for a check up tonight. So I bet he'll think I'm being evil and leaving him there again. And he'll have to see the MAN-vet. Who has the most experience with neutering bunnies... but is allergic. :? And so has to wear a mask before handling him. Still swollen down there, though not as red. Has bled a tiny bit though. :(

Hmmm perhaps he has a bit of an infection "down there"?

We checked Louie's bits everyday for a week and his looked red for the first day or so but then started to go back to normal. They were just shrivelled prune things after about a week! :lol::lol:

Hope he gets on ok at the vets.

Back