• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

is it true

cooldarls

Alpha Buck
Was reading on a website today that if you have your boy buns neutered then they dont poo as much because they are not scent marking anymore. Never heard of this before so was wondering if it was a myth.

well all buns will poo to a certain extent to mark their territory, it's natural behaviour, but by neuturing it helps them stay potty trained, their less likely to pee up the walls etc.

:shock: poo less tell that to my lot :lol: lots of poos is a healthy bunny, as ted said neutering mainly help potty training, behaviour and less likely to get certain cancers

I thought lots of poos are healthy bunnies, must be mine is the healthiest lol.

Knew about the weeing up walls things but had never heard of less poos from neutering.

:shock: poo less tell that to my lot :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: Just what I was going to say.

I don't think it reduces the amount of poos they do, just means that they should do them all in one place, rather than feel the need to leave a trail of poos wherever they go. ;)

When Jack first moved into my room, he was unneutered and honestly for the first week or so he was lke a gumball machine. :shock: Poops were EVERYWHERE he went, he left a trail where ever he roamed. I'd be picking them up and collecting over a hundred per night. He stopped doing this before he was neutered, but I imagine by that point he had my bedroom smelling totally of him and he felt secure in 'his' territory. Bunnies DO use poops to sort of mark their territory, so an unneutered rabbit is probably going to produce more and scatter them, making it seem like some huge number. Neutering is said to help a lot with litter training on the same principle, I think.

Back