• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Wet Patch

Hessen

Banned
Rums bum keeps hanging over the edge of the litter tray and I have to keep mopping up wee.

Other than putting a bit of newspaper down there, any ideas how to stop her doing it?

Don't let her hear you saying she has a big bum or you will be in trouble! :lol:

You might need a litter tray with the a higher side. My mum's buns have the corner trays.

Yep - corner trays help! Our buns seemed to take pleasure in trying to pee over the side but the corner trays have foiled their plans!:lol:

Can't see video - at work

Can you encourage her into the middle of the tray with strategically positioned hay?

I had this problem - I have been using a little tray with a detachable lip - they sell them in Pets At Home, but you can get them elsewhere much cheaper. Not only does this mean that their wee goes IN the litter tray, but it also means if they like to kick their litter out (like mine do!) it stops the litter from going all over the floor! :D

I hate the size of the litter tray at the moment, emptying it accounts for about a 3rd of our weekly rubbish output!

underbed storage box should stop accidents.. they cant hang their bums out because the sides are too high :D

i think i used to have a 27l one and its was perfect for two bunny bums

underbed storage box should stop accidents.. they cant hang their bums out because the sides are too high :D

i think i used to have a 27l one and its was perfect for two bunny bums

Marnie STILL pees over the edge :roll: I've just given up now and lino'ed the floor of the hutch :roll:

yup shes got big butts :lol: cuz thats one great vid and a huge tray, im actualy thinking a smaller corner tray, just enough for one bun with a high back might work, or an old washing up bowl with just newspaper and a small amount of hay

I use underbed storage boxes with high edges, too. For the foster bunnies I have a cat litter box, but take off the top bit/roof, so it is like a high box with a lower entrance at the front. Usually works well, but the current pair prefer to push the box out of the corner and then wee onto the newspaper instead. :roll:

Somehow I think this should go to rabbit chat, then people would not get their hopes up too high. :lol:

Back