• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

tummy stretching

Candiflare

Mama Doe
I've noticed Ralph doing a lot of tummy stretching recently, where he seems to stretch the round bit of his tummy down to the bottom of his body and back up . Really hard to describe, but if you imagine a rabbit's main torso is like a cylinder, it's like a round bubble running down to the bottom of the cylinder as he stretches and then coming back up and spreading evenly amongst the cylinder so it's not a bubble anymore.

Do you know what I mean? Is it normal? He doesn't seem to be in any pain and he's been doing it to varying degrees for months...But after I saw the bloat pictures of a bun on here, it reminded me of that, but very fleeting rather than permanent.

It may just be a normal stretch, but once mine do this sort of stretching,or pressing their tummy to the floor I swing into panic mode!

Maybe its worth looking at his diet to see if there is anything in their giving him a gassy tum,like brocolli?

Yes, that's what he does, pushes his tummy on the floor... he doesn't do it for very long though. Maybe too much gas... I should cut down on the brocolli. He still eats well though, always has an appetite. That's good isn't it?

Back