• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not sure what to do

Mad Bunster

Mama Doe
I've been trying to help my OHs friend at work who has a problem with their bunny not eating. I've been sending info through and bunny has seen the vets and told "probably a virus" and given Baytril, if no better in 3 days come in for a GA.

Bit dodgy I thought. Anyway the family are going away as of Thursday - should I offer to take the bunny in for the weekend and get them sorted out? Tempt food, blend it, whatever, or even take to my savvy vets?

Its an outdoor bunny, but would he be ok in a cool room indoors? If he was kept behind closed doors from my own bunnies, would that be ok?

Would appreciate any ideas or thoughts please. Can't bear the thought of the bunny slowly starving. :( and would love to help if I can and if it won't harm my buns.

What other plans for him have they got when they are going away. If they don't have a rabbit savvy pet sitter lined up I'd definitely offer. Not sure how he'd cope being inside and then put back outside though. It's still very cold overnight up here.

Oh they had a neighbour going round to feed him when they're away, not sure how savvy they are, but the owners are relatively new to bunnies hence them asking for help with the non eating.

I can keep a room cool and tell them to shelter him well when he goes back. Am just thinking if he needs a dental or something he'll have to come inside anyway?

Back