• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worried/ bunnies are safe but in a dreadful condition/ pics post 43

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
I think Steve has lost the plot :(

We have been a bit concerned about the safetly of a pair of bunnies for a few weeks now, but I have been reluctant to do anything about it as we have quite enough on our plates at the moment :(

Today the situation seemed worse and Steve seemed really concerned so has made contact with the owners. They do not speak much English and some how he has agreed to collect the bunnies at 11pm tonight after work from the Marsh Farm estate in Luton :shock: I can't believe he has done that, I shall be worried sick :(

I asked him why they couldn;t wait until the weekend but he said communication wasn't great and thats the best he could do :?

Not only do I not particularly want to take in 2 rabbits today I more importantly don;t want him wandering round Marsh farm at that time of night when he doesn't know his way around that well :( Plus I really need to be in bed early as still feel pants :(

At least bunnies will be safe by tonight, I just hope Steve gets back safely with them :?

They aren't special needs bunnies as far as we are aware so they will probably be looking for new homes shortly. I think Steve has got this "rabbit thing" worse than me now :lol:

Last edited:
Is it a rough area? If so, I'd be worried too.

Is there another bloke that could go along with him?

On no Liz. I hope you can find homes for the pair soon, you have enough to deal with at the minute, especially when you are unwell.

I hope Steve manages to get there and back ok.

aw bless him, does he have a mobile? i suppose asking for updates to reasure you hes safe ?

i belive it can sometimes get so bad you feel helpess doing nothing even though you have enough at home, have you got any more on the "worry" list, as i know you didnt want more at the mo,

you both have hearts of gold, and work so hard, but steves going to have to realise your both no good to any bun if your not 100 % either,

ill be watching for updates :)

They are 2 males who are still living together uncastrated and are around 4 months old :roll: Very pretty though.

And no the area wouldn't be on the top of my list of places to live :?

Its one of the times I am glad he is such a big bloke :lol:

Hope he's ok. If you were near by I would send my husband along with him. We are lucky that our husbands love rabbits too.

He doesn't finish work til 10 so arranged to go over as soon as he had finished as they din't seem to be able to wait until the weekend :?

But it is definately a big worry :(

I do hope Steve will be ok. How caring for him to rescue the bunnies :love: You are both real gems xXx

Hes a big softie isn't he. Wishing him a safe journeyx

I don't know about a softie, I think he's insane :roll::lol: Couldn't believe it when he text from work saying he had contacted them and made the arrangements.

He seems to have got a bit carried away lately, last night he was discussing going round to do talks in schools about what we do :shock: :D

Gosh. Sending vibes for a safe bunny pick up. I hope all is at it seems and Steve and Bunnies are back safe asap x

Steve, walk confident and don't look straight at anyone :wave:

I'm sure he'll be ok Liz, keep us updated though so we don't fret ;) Having spent 3 years working in one of the "worst" areas in Leeds I can say that places like that are 98.5% normal people....1% idiots who are all mouth and no b****....and only the remainder are at all dangerous....and they tend to target people they know, and have previous issue with, rather than just going for any randomite.

Is it a flat or a house he's going to? If he's just walking from the car to the house and back there's not much scope for accident :)

Awww thats so lovely, I do hope he will be alright. To be honest Liz wherever you go there are good and bad people, I wouldn't automatically worry about the area. He is such a lovely guy to finish that late and then do that. Those bunnies have no idea atm they are going to be safe and loved, they are probably sitting there now wondering if this is it, as good as it gets and then in comes Steve to the rescue and they get a new Mom and Dad, how different the world will seem tomorrow for them. Your brilliant you two x

Back