• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Catkin's got another abscess UD He's home

crackerz

Alpha Buck
Catkin had been looking a bit peaky for a couple of days and hasn't been him self. He has still been eating his pellets and drinking his water. But he has been hiding under the bed which he only does when he is ill.

Luckily I got an appointment at the vets this afternoon and they have found an abscess under his chin:(:( I can't believe I hadn't seen it. I feel terrible:(:(

He is booked in first thing in the morning to have it looked at under GA. It just seems to be one thing after another with him:cry::cry: He had just started to put on weight and had been eating steadily as well.

Last edited:
Poor boy :cry:
Has he been started on abx and pain relief now ?

No. It wasn't our usual vet. We were squeezed in with another one. I am hunting around the place as I thought I had some painrelief for him in the cupboard from our last vet visit.

I have dropped Catkin at the vets this morning. We spent the night at my mums as my neighbours :censored::censored: were being really noisy ad it was upsetting him.

He spent all night with me snuggled under the duvet asleep on my tummy. So I spent all night stroking him. He ate a bit of breakfast this morning before he went in.

Fingers crossed it all goes well.

Thanks. I am pacing....I have even put the laptop by the phone so I don't miss any calls when I am checking my mail. I am so daft:(

Sorry to hear Catkin has abscessed again. When they are under the chin they can be very difficult to detect in the normal course of events.

Hoping for a good outcome.

I've just picked him up from the vets:D:D He is a little groggy and cross with me..... It was an abscess. They have removed it and he has to go back in 3 days for a checkup.

RU vibes worked again:)

Back