• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pics of snowy and peppers new home!

tracey madigan

Warren Scout
Just a few pics of snowy and pepper who were bonded on sun and love each other already,they also moved into their new house together.
I am so pleased with it,its massive,about five feet tall and 10ft in length.
Snowy and pepper are giant rabbits and still have loads of room:thumbsup:

027-4.jpg
026-4.jpg
029-3.jpg
031-3.jpg
014-8.jpg
016-7.jpg
001-17.jpg
003-16.jpg

Sorry I got carried away with the pics lol

Last edited:
I am sorry but I have to agree that it is nowhere big enough for 2 giants.

To be brutally honest, I wouldn't put a pair of small bunnies in that.

Maybe, if you saved up, you could purchase a shed with an attached run?

Erm so Im new here:wave:
The reason I joined was because Im hoping to get a bunny when I move (soon hoepfully) and wanted to read up on things before I get one.

Anyway when I first saw theese pictures I thought it was quite a nice setup and am shocked to see the comments it certainly looks bigger than a hutch and the measurements are 10x5 (ok so maybe Ive got mixed up am bad at maths) where the standard requirements are 6x2(?)
So basically whats wrong with it?:oops:

I'm sorry but I think your post is quite rude to the OP. Maybe you should word your opinions better as people come on here for advice. The OP obviously want the best for her bunnies. The length of the set is 10ft so it's not really that small but as they giants get bigger they may need bigger accom. depending on how much time they get free ranging.

It looks lovely. As a hutch and run I would have said it is big enough, as I think Tracey has said before they will get free range time too (and I am guessing by how much she loves them, plenty of it).

Gorgeous buns, looking forward to lots more pics of them :love::love:

Thanks for the nice replies,they get the run of the garden whenever i am in and there is plenty of room in the run for binkys etc in the run,if you could see how happy they are now considering when i got them they had been confined to a 3ft hutch with no excercise at all i thought they are are a lot better off now:(

Why would you not put small bunnies in it? It is more space than the recommended 6ft 2ft hutch with run:roll:

It is bigger than the minimum size for one bunny but most people on here like to give their bunnies much more room. I'm sure you've seen how energetic your two are when they are free to run around the garden and how much they enjoy really stretching their legs and running around at top speed. If you had bunnies that were not let out of the hutch/run than they would need much more space if they were to enjoy themselves running around and two bunnies need more than one!

Bunny sizes are hard to estimate as there is so much mixed breeding and if your bunnies grow to the size of a giant rabbit you probably will need much larger accommodation for them but you can make the decision to upgrade later, just be prepared to have to spend more money!

Snowy and Pepper look gorgeous :love: I love that last photo of them both peering out of the hutch :love:

It is bigger than the minimum size for one bunny but most people on here like to give their bunnies much more room. I'm sure you've seen how energetic your two are when they are free to run around the garden and how much they enjoy really stretching their legs and running around at top speed. If you had bunnies that were not let out of the hutch/run than they would need much more space if they were to enjoy themselves running around and two bunnies need more than one!

Bunny sizes are hard to estimate as there is so much mixed breeding and if your bunnies grow to the size of a giant rabbit you probably will need much larger accommodation for them but you can make the decision to upgrade later, just be prepared to have to spend more money!

Snowy and Pepper look gorgeous :love: I love that last photo of them both peering out of the hutch :love:

Ok,they do come into the garden when i am home which is alot of the time ,i just wanted somwhere secure for when i am in :)

Thanks for the nice replies,they get the run of the garden whenever i am in and there is plenty of room in the run for binkys etc in the run,if you could see how happy they are now considering when i got them they had been confined to a 3ft hutch with no excercise at all i thought they are are a lot better off now:(

If they get run of the garden, its great :) Not great for 24/7 but definitely as somewhere secure to put them in at night!

If you guys think about it, its more room than a shed!!!!!

It's 10ft long with a lot of depth! I don't see anything wrong with it, you can see by the pictures the giants have plenty of room in the run.

I think it's great :D

Your bunnies are lovely! I'm sure they will be very happy. Can't believe they used to be kept in a 3ft hutch :? bet they could hardly even turn around in that. Yes they are definitely better off now!

I think it looks deceptively small - because the buns are so big! :lol::lol: It doesnt look 10x5ft because of the proportions of accom vs buns, but if it is i'd say its big enough.

The ramp looks rather steep to me though - might find they do the flying leap technique which could result in injuries? :? Simple to solve by sticking a big brick or something underneath the end?

If the buns are still growing, perhaps you could consider another run attachement in the future - maybe on right angles to one end, so they have more full-height space with no furniture so they can really get some speed up!

But still, it looks lovely and they look very happy! :love::love:

I think it looks deceptively small - because the buns are so big! :lol::lol: It doesnt look 10x5ft because of the proportions of accom vs buns, but if it is i'd say its big enough.

The ramp looks rather steep to me though - might find they do the flying leap technique which could result in injuries? :? Simple to solve by sticking a big brick or something underneath the end?

If the buns are still growing, perhaps you could consider another run attachement in the future - maybe on right angles to one end, so they have more full-height space with no furniture so they can really get some speed up!

But still, it looks lovely and they look very happy! :love::love:

Hi yeah i did have somethin under the ramp to start with but moved it as they are managing fine ,two hops and they are in lol.The buns weigh about a stone each at the mo so are really quite big already:D

Hi yeah i did have somethin under the ramp to start with but moved it as they are managing fine ,two hops and they are in lol.The buns weigh about a stone each at the mo so are really quite big already:D

awesome, as long as they are using it and not jumping over it, they should be fine. Can we have more pics of them perlease!!!!!!!!! :wave::wave:

:wave: I think Its great Tracy! The buns can run, they have shelter, food and water and can stand up on their back legs without a problem!! What more could a bun want :D..the only comment I could make is like Vikki I think the ramp may be a little steep and could cause injury if they decide to jump rather than use the ramp but again thats up to you to decide..

Im sorry if people were negative - It can be quite demoralising when you have a new set up and people jump on you straight away :roll:... as the OP said it is so much better than they had before and over the minimum requirements so I can t see where the problem is??

I think we must all stop and think before we jump on people, that these hutches/set ups have cost alot of money no doubt and people are very proud to show them off- and surely the OP knows themselves what is enough room for their buns as long as it is above requirements and as she says depends on free-range times!!

Just my opinion we should be encouraging people that get to reach this forum, as it does show they really care about their bunnies and trying ot improve their quality of life which is far far more than sadly a lot of bunny owners do.. Getting off my soap Box now :wave:

Back