• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urm, I have a confession .....

Rykat

Mama Doe
And yes Hilda (Capel) knows!

Following on from this thread http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=215239

As you know I took delivery of a "foster bun" from a friend, and the plan was that I was going to keep her until Hilda's brave little Dave was ready to have a husbun. We agreed that I would "bunny test" her with one of my single males with a barrier between them just to see how she would react. The one I chose was Attilla (Astrix) as he was friendly towards the other buns and only territorial in his cage.

So we set the pens up, brought bunnies in and they managed to move the partition and we .... well .... we had a most unexpected result .... I'll let these photos do the talking ....

IMG_8597-1.jpg
IMG_8606.jpg
DSC00075.jpg

Then came the problem of telling Hilda .... well took me an hour to pluck up the courage to ring her and ................. she was so happy for the new couple :D

Astrix is neutered, Daisy May isn't so we had alot of bownsing, him on her, her on him which she managed it eventually! :lol:

We are going to get her neutered asap :)

Last edited:
Awww they are like little and large such a cute couple. I remember when you had Asterix so glad he has found a wife and I'm sure Dave wont mind he seems very happy exploring the living room :D

Thanks all :)

I'm thinking it will calm Astrix down ... well once he gets fed up of bownsing her, but it maybe a while as she is a right tart :lol:

Would you advise getting her neutered asap or wait a few months until the bond is established?

Thanks all :)

I'm thinking it will calm Astrix down ... well once he gets fed up of bownsing her, but it maybe a while as she is a right tart :lol:

Would you advise getting her neutered asap or wait a few months until the bond is established?

Oooo thats a tough one. If they are okish I would maybe wait until they are established and also until the weather is warmer but if the hormones are getting in the way and you have somewhere warmish to keep her........

Oooo thats a tough one. If they are okish I would maybe wait until they are established and also until the weather is warmer but if the hormones are getting in the way and you have somewhere warmish to keep her........

They are both indoor buns so aftercare not a factor thankfully, and I'm thinking the same of leaving it a while (she's only just 2) BUT I had to take his lordship out last night as he was *ahem* very keen to work on his technique :oops: however, as she's smaller he kept getting the carpet and had a small carpet burn on his *ahem* boy bit. It was very inflamed and swollen but today it's ok, just a bit sore looking. I know I did wrong by splitting them up but he was very sore and wasn't calming down (panting badly) so I'm thinking from that point then that having her spayed sooner would be a better idea?

Last edited:
They are both indoor buns so aftercare not a factor thankfully, and I'm thinking the same of leaving it a while (she's only just 2) BUT I had to take his lordship out last night as he was *ahem* very keen to work on his technique :oops: however, as she's smaller he kept getting the carpet and had a small carpet burn on his *ahem* boy bit. It was very inflamed and swollen but today it's ok, just a bit sore looking. I know I did wrong by splitting them up but he was very sore and wasn't calming down (panting badly) so I'm thinking from that point then that having her spayed sooner would be a better idea?

:lol::lol: Serves him right the randy little horror

Does sound like she needs doing though

:lol::lol: Serves him right the randy little horror

Does sound like she needs doing though

:lol: Just rung the vets, she's booked in tomorrow with Rob :)

Will be a nervous wreck but better done sooner.

How long would you advise to leave it until I put them back together?

It depends how well she heals. Evie met Albert about a week after her spay and was fine but he wasnt that amorous towards her and he is only little

Back