• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Kids and bunnies....

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
I have my two god daughters for the afternoon, they are 3 and 5. They don't often come to mine as its easier for me to go to them but they have been desperate to see the bunnies.

However they are driving me potty! The 3 yr old just wants to feed them all the time and poor Bungle has been hiding in his carrier since they arrived! I darent let them feed Strawberry incase he gets a finger and Snowdrop is sleeping!

owwwwwwwww i feel your pain, Stes nephew was so in love with my Alvin everytime i went to the room he would appear. i just let him feed tiny bits of veg now and again and everyone was happy :D

She has fed him the last of the fenugreeks by poking them through the bars of the carrier! We are going to venture upstairs and take a look at Strawberry later but only if he is on his best behaviour or someone may lose a toe!

:lol::lol::lol:

i know the feeling!

even now and then one of my uncles or aunties would bring their kids round :shock:

and once 1 cousin knows about animals... they ALL suddenly know and want to come around :roll:

The poor buns run and hide from them :lol:
so i just say they are sleeping, and they need their sleep.

She has fed him the last of the fenugreeks by poking them through the bars of the carrier! We are going to venture upstairs and take a look at Strawberry later but only if he is on his best behaviour or someone may lose a toe!

hes not really that mean :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Alvin usually thumps and runs and hides with strangers, (well except when he bit the vet :oops:) they are all mouth these bunnies, beating up thier mommies like little cowards :evil::lol::lol::lol:

hes not really that mean :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Alvin usually thumps and runs and hides with strangers, (well except when he bit the vet :oops:) they are all mouth these bunnies, beating up thier mommies like little cowards :evil::lol::lol::lol:

Strawberry runs, but its towards people with his teeth showing, not away from them! He chases me out of his room grunting!

I am hoping I can fob them off with just Bungle as at least he wont bite! We have already had tears as the 3 yr old stubbed her toe! Anyone would have thought I had amputated it the racket she made!

My two nephews are 9 and 3 and I have to say are fantastic with my rabbits, they are very calm and just say hello, I have told them from the start to move slowly and speak quietly and it's fine. They aren't that bothered although Finlay did put his hand through the bars of the pen in the dining room while no-one was looking and I spotted it - Gizmo was licking him. I have let Ness out while they have been out on the patio to stroke her but, she wouldn't stay still long enough so they were happy to just watch her run around the garden and she even did a binky for them :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:
My friend from work brought her little 2 year old lad round to 'test' Bea....she nearly flattened him!
Luckily Blue is good with kids and once her lad had been told that bunny was in bed (shut in his room with the baby gate) he left well alone....except to want to sleep in bunnies bed instead of the sofa :lol:

Back