• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why!!!!!

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
why is it that the most precious souls in the animal world are so delicate :cry::cry::cry:

every time i log onto RU theres another angel fighting for life, its just not fair that they have been made so ready to die :cry::cry::cry:

i hate it, i hate the pain, i hate the fact all i can type is sending vibes when all i want to do is wave a magic wand and fix them all.

hate hate hate bunny illness. there has to be some way we can get around it and make them more hardy :cry::cry::cry:

I know, I find visiting the Bridge the hardest thing in the world.

The only comfort I can give myself is that every bunny here who is unwell or who passes has been loved in the strongest and best possible way and cared for so that the short lives they have are worth more than 50 years on the planet without love.

It's heartbreaking. :cry:

The way I cope is to remember that those who are fighting for life and health are only doing so because of how far we have come in understanding bunny illness and care. There was a time (and sadly in many homes still) where they would suffer and die and silence with no help.

We have picked a special creature from the world to fall in love with, so delicate yet so hardy in many ways. Born in nature to breed many times and die young, we have helped the domestic bunny to live many years longer and with a very different life. Our knowledge of neuter saves them from cancer and birth related deaths, our vaccines help them to avoid terrible illness and our housing and feeding keeps them safe and healthy.

Maybe our bunny friends will continue to grow stronger as we continue to educate....

Until then I try and remember every life has its time and its the life not the death that matters

Jxx

it is a part of life im afraid, the same goes on any other job, or forum, its such a huge network,

nurses and doctors deal with death everyday, police deal with violant abusive crimes everyday, firemen deal with fatalities while also trying there damn hardest to save lives,

granted some of us dont value human life as much as our animals, in comparisson to the population there are far more animals than humans,

the likes of hugos there, i admire the most as they knowingly take on pets that are old and suffering, ensuring they have the best end in life, but will have higher deaths than any of us will ever see in our lives,

all we can do is carry on being the crutch of support to help those who are helping others, and understand when we have to make a choice for our own pets take a moment to see how hard it is for others and take a little comfort from that,

HUGE HUGS :)

I tend to think like others have said. There are hundreds of animals who deaths go unnoticed. At least our buns have had the love they deserve.

I think some people are sensitive to suffering in whatever context and it can be quite debilitating if you feel helpless and hopeless as I do at the moment. I do have faith and a strong belief in Karma what you do comes back to you so in terms of cruelty and creating suffering it will be reproached, likewise goodness is rewarded. In terms of illness and things occurring in animals, it is sad and yes maybe can be attributed to treatment, diet, breeding genetics, etc all of which to an extent are preventable however, as in humans it isn't always practical or possible so we accept it as fate. I think animals have amazing resolve and courage and just accept what they have and get on with it, they don't have a concept of death as we do, maybe because they have nothing to fear, their souls are pure so there is nothing for them to fear in death. x

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the
way its animals are treated. I hold that the more helpless a creature,
the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man." -
Mahatma Gandhi 1869-1948

"We must fight against the spirit of unconscious cruelty with which we
treat the animals. Animals suffer as much as we do. True humanity does not allow us to impose such sufferings on them. It is our duty to make the whole world recognize it. Until we extend our circle of compassion
to all living beings, humanity will not find peace." - Dr. Albert
Schweitzer (1875-1965)

"But if you have no relationship with the living things on this earth,
you may lose whatever relationship you have with humanity." - J.
Krishnamurti

It makes me so sad :(
When i was in the vets this morning there was a lady with an empty pet carrier sat sobbing on her own, i asked if she was ok,(i really wanted to hug her! )she had just had her cat who was 23 years old pts :cry:
By the time i went in to see the vet i was crying too :(

It makes me so sad :(
When i was in the vets this morning there was a lady with an empty pet carrier sat sobbing on her own, i asked if she was ok,(i really wanted to hug her! )she had just had her cat who was 23 years old pts :cry:
By the time i went in to see the vet i was crying too :(

that really is the worst, our vets let people leave thro the staff door so they dont have to come back through the waiting room. tears my heart out seeing and empty carrier and a brokenhearted owner :cry::cry::cry:

Me too :cry: i would love to work with animals but i don't think i'm strong enough :oops: been thinking about volunteering somewhere while my hubby is in afghan in the summer to keep me and the boy occupied though

I know eactly what you mean. Just saying how sorry and senidng vibes etc doesn't seem anything, just never know what else to say :(

Back