• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How can I amuse my buns?

bensonlola

Warren Veteran
I've extended their exercise area. They already have a plank of wood set up on bricks, a green plastic tunnel, an upturned dog bed and a really big tunnel!! I thought of a sand pit in the new area and maybe a container planted with grass and somewhere else to hide.

Anybody had any brainwaves for bunny boredom breakers recently?

Ooh ooh, I had a good one! I call it ..... ahem...... "The Foreage Box." I put in all the short bits of hay that they wont eat in a long, shallow tupperware and then I cut up their vegies into bite-size pieces, burrying them in the hay and then I sprinkle some dried garden herbs on top! You should hear them.... nom nom nom nom!!!!

I like the idea of the sandpit for them to dig around, I to have thought about this, you may want to look into the aspect of what sand could and couldnt do to the rabbits.. or maybe fill it with soil instead.

i did the soil/pit and had quite a lot of stones in there too to help wear away their toenails as they dug - they did dig a bit, but mostly they thought it was a wonderful poo tray.

Mine love their dirt box, although it ends up absolutely everywhere. :lol::lol: I just filled it with soil from the garden.

Alfie and Bubbles seem quite easily pleased though - they'll happily play with just a cardboard box ie. rip it to shreds. :lol:

Thanks! Bought a paddling pool today for them!! Gonna buy some clean bags of soil and maybe plant some grass around the edges. The treat ball sounds like a good idea and would be fun to watch too!! They don't see the point of loo roll tubes - tried it.

Back