• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Made a descision...

CarmenCole

Mama Doe
Ok, this is the plan...

I had Gemma (8mth old) booked in for her neuter on 1st March, and was planning to have Sally (7yr old)done when the weather is warmer, so she could come indoors for a few days without having to worry about keeping her in till it's warmer.

But, now that Nick is single again, it's a priority to make sure he doesn't pine away. :(

Soooo, I have called the vet and asked if I can swap their appointments. My vet is really rabbit savvy, and she is happy to do Sally on 1st March instead of Gemma. Then, I will take the kitchen table apart, put NIC cubes up and let Sally recover in the kitchen, with no heating on, and windows open, so she doesn't get too used to the heating. Then, she should be ok to go back outside, then 6 weeks later, I will try bonding her with Nick. Then Nick and Sally can move into his pad, next to Hunny & Mustard, and Gemma can move in to Sally's place and I can break up and throw her temporary accomodation (it was 2 hutches and run butchered and put together).

So, hopefully in 8 weeks, Nick will be a husbun again. Wish me luck please! :shock:

Sending lots of vibes - I really hope it all works out well for you and your buns. Shall keep an eye out for updates! :) xx

Thanks guys.

It seems like every time I'm bonding buns, Nick is one of them. :( He's a good boy though, real gentleman. I just hope Sally behaves, she's been single all her life.

I feel a bit happier now I know what I'm doing with them. I've told him all about her, he's looking very small in his big run all alone, I'll be happier when I can see him with someone to snuggle with again.

Back