• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pets at Home Sick REW

hurricanhoney

Wise Old Thumper
Does anyone know the policy with what they do with sick animals at Pets at Home. There has been a REW in my local one it was sick last time I went in and today had a bad eye with yellow discharge. I asked one of the staff whether it was receiving treatment and he said he thinks so and they should normally go out the back. It was in with two other healthy rabbits. I had to walk out or I would have bought it home. :cry:

thats discusting, thats how i got my rew years ago i was doing work expirence in a grotty pet shop he was ill so she just stuck him out back outside in the cold so i took him home gosh i loved that rabbit Mr Barnaby sadly i lost him 6 months later to an abses. Anyway bit off track there, I'm not sure what to sugest maybe a call to the head office? manager? pet shop license?

At our store, first sign of sickness we take them straight to the vets. They go into isolation and are held there until they see a vet and when their course of medicine has completed and when they are back to normal health. Money does not come into the question when treating the animals, and they will spend whatever necessary to get them back to good health :)

I noticed one bun at the back who had diarrhoea and she was taken to the vets straight away. These things are taken seriously!

I adopted Sooty from P@H and when I found him he had a runny eye caused through dental problems, I alerted the staff and they took him straight into the back to quarantine him. I said I would adopt him there and then, but they wouldn't let me until he was vet checked (this was a Sunday). I phoned the next day and he was booked in for a dental at the local vets, which cost P@H over £140 - (I saw the invoice). The vet also asked to speak to me so I knew what I was taking on as it would be a long term problem.
I was really impressed with the care they gave him, and they took the time to talk to me to ensure I knew about his problems being ongoing:D

At our store, first sign of sickness we take them straight to the vets. They go into isolation and are held there until they see a vet and when their course of medicine has completed and when they are back to normal health. Money does not come into the question when treating the animals, and they will spend whatever necessary to get them back to good health :)

I noticed one bun at the back who had diarrhoea and she was taken to the vets straight away. These things are taken seriously!

I agree:wave:

I wish the Daventry one was closer than Banbury or I would go to that one in future. Sounds so much better. :)

Back