PDA

View Full Version : Ralph the Giant Rabbit over 3 stone.

Tuckerbunnies
15-02-2010, 05:37 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1250918/Ralph-rabbit-breaks-mums-record-worlds-biggest-bunny.html

That's a big bunny :shock:

LilVicky
15-02-2010, 05:40 PM
Wow... :shock:

Do they stick him in a grow bag everynight?

helgalush
15-02-2010, 05:40 PM
I'm not sure I want to look :( How much should a giant rabbit weigh??

Tuckerbunnies
15-02-2010, 05:41 PM
I'm not sure I want to look :( How much should a giant rabbit weigh??

He's not fat.............just big :shock:

bluebunny
15-02-2010, 05:44 PM
That rabbits mum was so fat she couldnt walk:(:(

helgalush
15-02-2010, 05:44 PM
He's not fat.............just big :shock:

ohhhhh, ok!! :oops::lol::lol: silly me!!! :lol::lol:

Tuckerbunnies
15-02-2010, 05:45 PM
That rabbits mum was so fat she couldnt walk:(:(

Yes I know she had a heart attack Bless her from being dragged around the country for publicity. :(

helgalush
15-02-2010, 05:46 PM
Oh he is really cute. But huuuuge!

Hessen
15-02-2010, 05:49 PM
Imagine the binkies...

Carrie14
15-02-2010, 05:49 PM
Poor over bred bun:cry:

Tuckerbunnies
15-02-2010, 05:53 PM
Poor over bred bun:cry:

Yes and I hope Ralph won't get dragged around the country like his poor Mother Amy did until it was all too much for her and she had a heart attack and died. :cry:

Amy & Amber
15-02-2010, 06:09 PM
That poor bunny, I can't look at the link. It's heartbreaking being bred for publicity.

Bunnyaddict
15-02-2010, 06:30 PM
I saw this in the metro today & it made me want to cry :cry::cry::cry:

Sorry but that woman makes me sick! :evil:

Jessica Rabbit
15-02-2010, 06:32 PM
I've just seen this on Meridian TV - Shocking!

happybun
15-02-2010, 06:32 PM
the rabbit is possessed by a ghost? just what is the owner on?

Bunnyaddict
15-02-2010, 06:33 PM
the rabbit is possessed by a ghost? just what is the owner on?

Don't know but can't help but feel she's a complete & utter publicity seeking idiot who doesn't give a stuff about her poor animals!!! :evil:

youthnovels
15-02-2010, 06:49 PM
I don't know how to feel about this :?

touie
15-02-2010, 08:39 PM
stupid woman I caught it on the news earlier poor bunny is seriously over fed on junk! :evil: Makes bella look quite petite!!!

KerinTravis
15-02-2010, 09:28 PM
Hadn't Amy just been to Italy, or was supposed to be going just before she died? :? :shock: Poor mite got taken onto This Morning and all sorts

thumps_
15-02-2010, 10:19 PM
I thought they'd stopped doing record weights for Conti's, just because it was so cruel to get them overweight.
I also thought it was best to keep them on the lean side, or they get sore hocks, arthritis issues etc. I feel very very sad about it. The ones I've known have the most lovely gentle temperaments.

*Spider*
15-02-2010, 10:20 PM
That's how much my BORDER COLLIE DOG weighs!!!

Bunnyaddict
15-02-2010, 10:33 PM
I thought they'd stopped doing record weights for Conti's, just because it was so cruel to get them overweight.
I also thought it was best to keep them on the lean side, or they get sore hocks, arthritis issues etc. I feel very very sad about it. The ones I've known have the most lovely gentle temperaments.

Absolutely right Judy - it is because they can suffer badly if they're overweight :cry: They are the most gentle, placid buns ever & don't deserve being subjected to what this woman is putting them through :cry:

Heartbreaking :cry:

halfpenny
15-02-2010, 11:07 PM
What I find even worse is she's claiming he's expensive and is relying on handouts- she's not a rescue, she deliberately bred him!

Bunnyaddict
15-02-2010, 11:09 PM
What I find even worse is she's claiming he's expensive and is relying on handouts- she's not a rescue, she deliberately bred him!

Exactly!!! I am gobsmacked that it costs '10' per day to feed him!?!? :? I can't recall one mention of hay in his daily diet - wonder why not??? Maybe all the junk she's feeding him to be overweight!!! :evil:

rabbit mad
15-02-2010, 11:14 PM
that poor poor rabbit, oh gosh I so feel so sorry for him.. There is no way he should way that much at his age.
it annoys me when she is getting all this publicity for a rabbit who is been fed of rubbish, and is obviously over weight that the authorites don't step in and do something about it, they sure would if that was me and I was doing the exact same thing to my dog:evil::evil::evil:

Evil women,

Kell x

kayj
16-02-2010, 08:41 AM
I don't know how she can call herself a rabbit lover. It wasn't that long ago a guy got done for his overweight dog so why doesn't she:?. She is a wierdo, she has had cosmetic surgery to look like Jessica rabbit hasn't she

Bluesmum
16-02-2010, 09:22 AM
This makes me so sad. No animal should be paraded for it's weight. Fair enough if he was just an unusually big (long) bun, but he just looks fat.
I hate how she drags them around everywhere too. It's just not fair :cry:
At the same time though, we do the same to people.....:?

BB Mommy
16-02-2010, 11:23 AM
My two contis together weigh 13.6kg - that poor rabbit is nearly 19kg!
Shameful.

16-02-2010, 02:29 PM
:shock: Wow thats a big bun!!!:shock:

shannon321
16-02-2010, 02:36 PM
Imagine the binkies...

i doubt that it can binkie :(

areia
16-02-2010, 02:39 PM
i dont see the prob in advertising the fact hes a large bun ( IF its natural and is pictured in his own home etc , as a one off), but i do oppose dragging the poor thing around the country knowing full well what his mother died of, giants breeds dont have a long life span as it is

as for the food bill, either shes feeding junk or telling fibs to get sympathy, as for being possesed, ok i belive in certain things but coming from dereks mouth what a load of ole bull

kitschkitty
17-02-2010, 01:23 AM
I've just seen this on Meridian TV - Shocking!

I saw it on Meridian news tonight too and was even more appalled when the granny called him ugly. Anyway the Guinness book of records no longer include records for heaviest animals as people were over feeding animals and making them really ill.

maxxev
17-02-2010, 05:49 AM
...'Owner Pauline Grant relies on handouts from neighbours to feed Ralph '....

i wonder i they will be so generous when he requires vetinary attention.

if you cant even afford to FEED the animal what the hell is this woman going to do about vets bills?!
:censored:

poor, poor bunny.

Coineanach
24-02-2010, 08:36 AM

if you cant even afford to FEED the animal what the hell is this woman going to do about vets bills?!

poor, poor bunny.

That was exactly what I thought. Poor bun :(

RubyTed
24-02-2010, 08:41 AM

poor, poor bunny.

She spent all her money on surgery to look like Jessica Rabbit.

She doesn't give a stuff about bunny welfare!:evil: Just the attention she's going to get!!

purplebumble
24-02-2010, 01:13 PM
my bridge frenchie willow was a bit odd..she outgrew her siblings and dad..her mum was massive..but willow even outgrew her. i didnt get her weighed for a long time so i have no idea how heavy she was...BUt....she wasntfat..she would stand on ehr hind legs and reach the kitchen worktop....she would bound up and down the stairs in two leaps! and our stairs turn aorund the corner:shock:

she died they reckon of an embolism but odd she had symptoms of E.C...even slight VHd the vet said....but as she was vaccd and treated..she must have had an embolism..now i wonder if it wasnt her heart.

i miss her as she was a real norty pain in the bum french lop rabbit.....:love:

but i have asked a few breeders and they said thats not normal..i asked jo and she told me no way did her siblings get that big...they were all a bit bgger than bertie even thot heir mum was much bigger..BUT even willows mum wasnt as big as willow..so i guess genetic mutations occur but then nasty breeders would then inbreed buns like her to get even bigger buns and frenchies arent meant to be as big as giants...i hate to think.

that poor bun has a diet of junk food.....and the way the daughter was holding him on tv...:evil:
ugly the grandmother said..i love agouti buns....

mind you big buns do have odd looking eyes sometimes..heir eyelids tend to droop and make em look odd. or is that just bertie!!!!

poor ralph....:(

LloydFerris
24-02-2010, 02:52 PM
Apparently a rabbit's skeletal system accounts for only 7-8% of it's total body weight, so how can the poor thing's bones not just snap under the pressure?

So sad.:(

RubyTed
24-02-2010, 02:57 PM
Apparently a rabbit's skeletal system accounts for only 7-8% of it's total body weight, so how can the poor thing's bones not just snap under the pressure?

So sad.:(

He's likely to have a very weak heart (which is backed up by him mum)...and because of the strain on his bones he's likely to have back problems...etc.

It's just not healthy. I adore big buns...but there comes a point where it's ridiculous!