• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

lapinject - how much

bunny mad lisa

Mama Doe
hi
i have just asked my vet to prder me some lapinject as i have had several side effects from cyclap in the past. after reading some post about it am i ruight in thinking that it only comes in a large bottle which does 5 bunnies but on the same day?
i have 2 buns that need doing next week and them my other 5 need doing in april. just wondering now if this is going to cost me a fortune!!! although i'd rather pay more if they don't get any problems especially as 3 of them are getting on a bit,

Hi

My vet ordered the Lapinject instead of the Cylap and because I had Ellie & Fudge done at the same time it cost me the same price. Had I only had one of them doen it would have been most costly. They had a very small reaction to the lApinject so I am so gald we didn't use Cylap as it would have been a lot worse

The Lapinject can only be used for a very short time once the bottle has been opened. I don't think it will last till April...

I pay £17 for a Lapinject vaccine and that is the same as it used to cost me for Cylap. The vials have to be used the same day they are opened AFAIK.

My vets ordered it in for me - it actually works out cheaper per vaccine for them to use Lapinject then cylap. So they just charged the same price. I spose because I have moved and delayed jabs so all my buns have VHD at the same time - could you not wait til April and have them done all together? They also still had some lapinject left when I adopted fudge, so he got jabbed a week or two later. - Most vets are good about it really when they realize it works out cheaper for them.

i have 6 buns that need doing and i believe that a bottle does 5 so i think i will get 2 done next week and the other 4 in april. I will check with my vet though.

My vet said she never uses Cylap she didnt elaborate as to why really, just that they weren't happy with it. Our vet comes to our home to VHD our 13 bunnies and health check etc and only charged us just over £100 :shock: :love: which i think is way under what they usually do. I'm not sure why they are so lovely to us but we are so grateful!! :love::love::love:

Back