• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

SandringBun House - the Summer Residence!

VikkiVet

Mama Doe
The new hutch/shed thing at my parents house has arrived!!!! The plan is to put them out for increasing amounts of time in the day to toughen them up for spring.

Its 4ft x 4ft 3 but with compartments and storage and all sorts! :shock:

From my Dad:
"Wooden beams along the sides were used to create a sedan chair so that 5 men could carry the hutch from the old 'play area' through a removed fence panel into the Hayward's garden, up the length of the garden, through another fence panel into our garden, round the magnolia tree and onto the patio.

I removed the damaged roof felt only to find a wooden 'plate' used to repair the roof, and then the scalloped roofing felt now visible. I tried to remove the damaged roof but found it to be a Stirling panel, made of glued wood shavings, which simply disintegrated when I tried to remove the nails.

It also shows that the whole hutch is of cavity wall construction, with expanded polystyrene between the skins - that's what made it so heavy - we had jokes of finding gold bars hidden under the floor!

Repair plan in now a new plywood roof to be added over the existing roof plus a new layer of roofing felt, then a good coat of creosote or something similar all over."

hutch_side.jpg

hutch_open_2.jpg

hutch_open.jpg

hutch_top.jpg

hutch_back.jpg

hutch_storage.jpg

They will have a separate run on the grass as we cant attach one on the patio - no-one would be able to get past it! :lol::lol:

What do you think? :wave:

Wow!! Once your dads done the alterations it'll be totally fab!! How lucky are your buns :love: xXx

I think that it is great!:D
Your bunnies are going to love it. :love::love::love::love::love:
Are you sure your parents went into all this trouble for a temporary arrangement?:shock:

think Dad just loves the challenge - i told him just to get a hutch of suitable dimensions, he goes and buys a massive DIY project that takes 5 men to lift!! :lol::lol: 'lucky' mum was on the sofa with a cold or i dont think she'd have allowed it.

I am rreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally hoping it is only temporary though.....

think Dad just loves the challenge - i told him just to get a hutch of suitable dimensions, he goes and buys a massive DIY project that takes 5 men to lift!! :lol::lol: 'lucky' mum was on the sofa with a cold or i dont think she'd have allowed it.

I am rreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally hoping it is only temporary though.....

He's done a great job and it is obvious that he adores your bunnies. :D
Good luck with the 'temporary' bit, though.:lol:

Last edited:
Back