• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

errr Ferplast Duna Multy

lottielouise

Wise Old Thumper
I ordered a ferplast duna multy from equine canine feline. and it came today, but I am very disappointed that they advertise it as a guineapig/rabbit cage. Its not like it could even be connected to a puppy crate either. I am going to write to them.

I had to check it as it looks tiny, I got the tape measure out and everything. its smaller than the bed box that Kawaii is in:roll::? although is taller, and why I bought it.

I have been in contact with a hamster breeder (I have looked in local rescues) who said it is great, but bigger than what he would put a syrian in, as they take up a lot of space.

Glad it arrived though, Archie is coming over this week to go to his new mammy at the weekend ;)

its a indoor cage, that I have bought for a hamster, but is advertised and made for rabits and guinea pigs.

Frankie004.jpg

Frankie005.jpg

Frankie is modeling it for a rabbit. He is my smallest rabbit, a lionhead. Poor lad can't even stand up straight, he scrunched up for fear of hitting his ears off the roof

Could you get Franke to model the Hammock too, hehe, he would be funny squished into that!

In all seriousness, i do think you should email about it, its way too small for a bunster!

I've just sent this

I am writing to express my concern over the description of the above product.

I have bought it as a hamster cage, but I am concerned that your website described the the above cage as a rabbit and guinea pig cage.

The Animal Welfare Act of 2007 states that housing for any animal must allow them to display natural behaviour. For a rabbit this include being able to do 5 continuous hops within the accomodation, and being able to periscope (stand up on their back legs to look around). I have attached photos of my lionhead rabbit Frankie. Lionheads are one of the smallest rabbits readily available on the market, the only smaller one is the Netherland Dwarf. Frankie shrunk as he was very concerned that he would hit his ears on the roof (he is an uppy earred rabbit)

I feel that by advertising this set up to new rabbit owners you are misleading people, and by your description, encouraging them to break the law. The R.S.P.C.A. and the Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund both recommend that rabbits have an area of 6ftx2ftx2ft plus around 5ft sq minimum to exercise in.

Frankie is currently a house rabbit and is housed in my box bedroom with a 48 inch dog crate as his base. This gives him the space to periscope and binky (bunny jumps of happiness)

I hope you will reconsider the advertising of these types of accomodation specifically for rabbits.

I look forward to your reply.

Louise

Any one have the uk email address for Ferplast, I can only find the Italian one and the form on their website is not working:roll:

I have the Ferplast Duna Multy for my hamster but agree it is nowhere near big enough for a GP or Rabbit. I emailed the Italian address when I wanted to check the bar spacing size (I got mine a year ago when they called it the GP Duna) I got a reply ok - in English! but unfortunatley what they told me wasn't right - the lady at equinecaninefeline got one out and measured it for me - I found them very helpful I'm sure they would take note of your email.

I also have it for one of my Syrians -
4278649975_31e477dd8f.jpg

its a great size for her, but no way a rabbit.

Any response to the email complaint?

I forgot to update this I got a lovely email from Equine, who explained that as it is an Italian company they can only send a blurb for the cage in relation to their countries animal welfare laws.

However they have changed the labeling on their site to guineapig or hamster cage. I am not in a position to say it is or isn't suitable for guineapigs

I forgot to update this I got a lovely email from Equine, who explained that as it is an Italian company they can only send a blurb for the cage in relation to their countries animal welfare laws.

However they have changed the labeling on their site to guineapig or hamster cage. I am not in a position to say it is or isn't suitable for guineapigs

I definately wouldn't keep a GP in it either, but not much they can do about it.

Back