• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just left Jack at vets for castration. :(

casu consulto

Mama Doe
I feel horrible...! He's so scared of cats, dogs and men... and I left him with all three! :(

And I can't phone until 3pm, so I have five hours of feelings anxious and sick. My poor little pipsqueak is all alone.

Awww poor Jack. He'll be absolutely fine though so try not to worry. I got Joe done in November and he was just really dozy that night and the next day and the only thing he would eat is fresh parsley for a couple of days, hw wouldn't touch his nuggest, kale or hay so make sure you have something fresh and tasty like that in for him to nibble on to tempt his appetite. Sending good vibes jacks way :love:

I hated leaving Inky for his neuter. That was 5 years ago now and I think he has only just forgiven me.

Lots of vibes,

FC x

I know how you feel, i just left my two girls to be spayed. One is so timid even with me but she got hidden in my coat and wouldn't come out :(:(

I just spent over an hour manically cleaning my bedroom. :oops: I can never sweep/vaccuum properly in there if he's about, as he likes to supervise. So my bedroom is frighteningly clean. His puppy crate is fresh and clean. I'm trying to tell myself that I can phone in 50 minutes and that if they haven't called me yet, then that must mean he's okay... I hope.

Eeek, hope your two girls are okay! That's like double the anxiety..! Or maybe even more. I was a basket case when I had Bella spayed.

got his towel ready to sit on fav treats at the ready, tbh id be tempted to ring now i used to ring earlier than i should :oops:

I have a bunny sized hot water bottle wrapped IN a towel for him to sit on. :lol: And we're having a casserole with carrots in for dinner, and he loves carrot, so he can have a chunk of that... and if I have toast for supper he can have a corner of wholemeal toast. And I bought him some parsely, he sort of inhales that stuff. Eeeek. I miss my little boy bun!

They'd probably get snooty with me. :roll: Had to take him to another practice that's part of the same branch my usual vet is at... The vet at this other place had the most experience with neutering bunnies (despite being allergic!) and they think I'm absolutely loopy because I was all proud and like 'yep! I have six bunnies!!' And I scared them with all my questions and fussy bunny mummy behaviour.

I
They'd probably get snooty with me. :roll: Had to take him to another practice that's part of the same branch my usual vet is at... The vet at this other place had the most experience with neutering bunnies (despite being allergic!) and they think I'm absolutely loopy because I was all proud and like 'yep! I have six bunnies!!' And I scared them with all my questions and fussy bunny mummy behaviour.

every bun mom or dad chew there knuckles waiting.
just ring them, you've got to keep up your rep for being bunny mad :lol: your only 30 mins early he should be out now anyway or at least coming round :D

Have you heard anything yet?
I haven't :? they rang me a lot earlier than this when Dumpling was de-plummed.
The vet did say don't ring us we'll ring you but i can't wait much longer :(
p.s have been manically cleaning too :shock:

I keep phoning but they tell EVERYONE to phone at like 3pm~ :( So it's constantly busy and I can't get through.

aaargh!!!!! keep trying i'm gonna ring them, tough if they said not to! they think i'm mad too, anyone would think it's strange having 3 (well 4 now) house rabbits!!! :)

aaargh!!!!! keep trying i'm gonna ring them, tough if they said not to! they think i'm mad too, anyone would think it's strange having 3 (well 4 now) house rabbits!!! :)

nowt strange in having 4 house rabbits * coughs*

even im sitting here waiting for result

Eeeeeee!!! Got through! He's okay! :)

excellent!!!!! go get that bun!!!!!
I just rang and they said collect about 5pm, not how they were doing or anything :( my fave nurse isn't on today either.....what's betting i get there early as there was just 'no traffic' on the way through ;)

some prefere you collect later to make sure they go to the loo and eat something before they go home to make sure they come round ok too :D

Can collect him at 4:30pm. :) For some reason she kept giggling... so I'm a bit alarmed over what he might have been up to... He was like a demented kangeroo for his health check, so I hope he didn't go for a run around the surgery. :oops:

Back