• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Those of you with groups!! Help

kaths101

Warren Veteran
Hi :wave:, Just trying to work out of its a good idea to have a group still - I would prefer 2 pairs but space wise - they will have soooo much more as a group!

How many have you got in a group and how did you do it? (e.g start with a pair, add one, add another one etc)
Do you ever regret bonding more to a bonded pair?
Has it ever disrupted a bond between a pair trying for a group??
Are the group still snuggle buns together as a group?
if so is it less than when they are a pair!

Thanks

The relationship between Toffee and Ghostie wasn't really a good one.
Ghostie is EXTREMELY dominant and bossy, whereas Toffee is very shy, and skatty.
When I got Pickle, Ghostie was completely in love with him and Toffee got left out a little bit.
Then I got Scarlett and Benji at the same time.
All 5 got on well, and everyone could go off with who they wanted. Toffee took a shine to Scarlett and Toffee grew and grew in confidence with the more bunnies!
Unfortunately Scarlett died a few months ago and yes, the dynamics have changed. Everyone loved her, and Benji is still pining for her :(
They do still chase eachother, mostly at food time, but they do snuggle up together and having a large group has significantly benefitted Toffee. He has become a bossy grumpy old man!
:lol:

I had Hattie, then got her a friend, Pebble and then I added Smudge to make a trio. Adding Smudge definatley changed the relationship between the other 2.

To be honest Hattie and Pebble didn't have a very strong bond anyway, they were friends and there was never any chasing or fur pulling but there was no grooming or snuggling either. Hattie was quite nervous and was happy to spend time on her own whereas Pebble is very confident and demanding.

Adding Smudge has really improved things, she is in the middle of both the others, and will happily groom Pebble and leave Hattie alone when she needs it.

They have been together nearly a year and I don't think they could be happier so I won't add another rabbit to the group even though there is space to. Even Hattie will snuggle up to the other 2 now, and allow them to groom her, she is so much more confident than when she was in the pair,

Last edited:
I've got 8 rabbits together. I had Dave and Daisy who had a litter of which i kept 4 and I added Hayley and Rosie to this group and they all live happily in a large shed with an outside area attached

8 :shock: Iwould love a big group like that!

Anyone else???, i just want to know how the dynamics change, whether they still all snuggle together etc

Thanks

I have a group of five at the min, at one point I had a group of 8. I just put them all in one pen at once. My origional pair were put in a group and they couldn't care less about the other buns in the group. On a morning when i open up the shed they are all in a pile snuggling!
I took two buns out of the group who are now indoor buns, but i didn't take them out because of bullying, it was because it was cold and they weren't maintaining health out there.
My groups are very happy, and have only had one bun fail to join them.

Back