• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

seriously can't sleep!

lottielouise

Wise Old Thumper
Fox freaked the buns again, so I was woken to thumping at 4.15. Scared the fox off (it was behind the shed, have to check that out when it gets lighter), but now I have pinged and still awake.

Gave up and cleaned the fridge, put the wet washing on the racks and emptied and cleaned the dishwasher. So some of my jobs for today are out of the way, but wether I'm awake for the delivery of wire to fox proof S+G 's set up is another thing:roll:

Put a note on the door asking the delviery man to knock VERY loudly. ;) :lol::lol:

Are the buns covered over at night? I'm just wondering if they're scared by the sight of the fox, or the smell?

I have been thinking about it, and I am going to cover the windows of the shed bit and see if it improves. Its the shed buns that he is scaring at the minute :( and I wonder if he is looking in the window (my garden is split level, and the hutch inside the shed takes them up to that level, if that makes sense) So I am going to cover it with newspaper tonight, then think about shutters or something for them a more permenant solution.

The hutch bunnies didn't seem bothered, but their set up is covered in plastic at the minute, which is held down with their metal run, so maybe they feel more secure. They also have more hidies, so feel less exposed.

Back