• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What would you do?

Would you...

• Keep trying to convince the OH to let Bungle and Strawberry have a wife each

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Attempt to rebond Strawberry and Snowdrop

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Rehome Bungle or Strawberry so they can have a partner

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Other- please post.

Votes: 6 15.8%

• Total voters

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
I am feeling a bit miserable and have had a chat with the OH who has said he doesn't want to get any more bunnies. I hoped once we move he would come round to the idea of a female each for Strawberry and Bungle but he says he really doesnt want anymore and to an extent I agree with him as I dont really want anymore either.

I don't want my bunnies to be miserable but I just dont have the time to spend with them to be able to keep them as singles. It would break my heart to rehome any of them but if it would make them happier I would have to do it.

I have been thinking about trying Snowdrop with Strawberry again which I said I would never do because of how he chased her before but after how agressive she was to Bungle I am wondering whether she would stand up for herself more now.

I feel as though I just don't know what to do for the best. :(

i'm sorry, i really don't know. i agree that more bunnies might be undesirable - i love my two but i haven't the inner or financial resources to deal with any more! it must be very hard for you to think of giving up a bun. i hope someone comes up with a good suggestion, or that you find a way through this difficulty.

I feel really awful but I just don't want any more bunnies. I have very little time as it is so wouldnt be able to spend time getting to know them. Its also very difficult when we go on holiday the more we have, plus the financial burden of having more.

i voted "keep trying...." but in the speed-dating sense, in that they would go to a rescue to be bonded, incase it didnt work out. i think your OH is more likely to go for this option as you wouldnt acqure any more single buns

i'd def consider having one pair outside though, to take the space pressure off your house and give your OH more bun-free space.

i voted "keep trying...." but in the speed-dating sense, in that they would go to a rescue to be bonded, incase it didnt work out. i think your OH is more likely to go for this option as you wouldnt acqure any more single buns

i'd def consider having one pair outside though, to take the space pressure off your house and give your OH more bun-free space.

Strawberry is definately going outside when we move and I wanted him to have a partner to go out with but the OH is saying no.

Snowdrop is fine as a single as she seems alot happier that way but Bungle is young and such a lovely bun I think it would be really mean to keep him single so we would need another female for him.

I just think 5 rabbits is too much!

:wave:
sorry you are feeling so down - I really dont know what you should do but I sympathise!!
Even though I have a snuggle pair I have a single too and it is very sad to see them on their own - so i know what you mean about this. Im also umming and arhhing what to do with them all.. My Oh is also relunctant to get anymore and financially I am too but i will get Charlie a girl!!

Im not sure what to suggest - as you have tried all scenaios I guess your only choice is to get 2 more!! :?

Personally I think, you shouldn't get more rabbits than you can handle. Only you know how many that is.

I have voted that you should rehome one. If you OH is opposed to getting another on then do listen to him :? I am getting to the point that I know I should be listen to him, BUt I can understand where you are coming from too. There is only so far you can push an OH :? other than that it could be a single life andlots of rabbits :D

I have Frankie alone, and I feel so awful for doing that to him, so I can imagine how it is for you with three, but know it was for the best and I will try to intergrate him with the group that he was with, before looking for a new wifey for him.

I think it may be easier to carefully rehome one, then find company for th others

I feel for you, I'm in the same position. I have two single girls & more rabbits aren't an option in the near future. I agree that its hard seeing them alone & its easy to get stressed about it, but try to look at what they do have rather than what they don't - there are thousands of buns out there that'd give anything for what yours have. I don't know what Im going to do long-term, so can't offer advice there - I personally don't know whether or not I'd rehome in your shoes, I don't know that I could give up a bun. Good luck xx

I just wouldn't be able to decide out of Strawberry and Bungle who to rehome though. I don't think my OH would ever agree to let Bungle go as he is so attached to him but Strawberry has been with us for the longest so it wouldnt be fair for him to have to go.

It's too hard a decision to make. :cry:

you shouldn't take on anymore if you don't want to..not fair on the bunnies
Personally I would advise you to keep Bungle due to his special needs and rehome Strawberry who would bond with the right doe

Snowdrop is happy as a solo so keep her that way

I just wouldn't be able to decide out of Strawberry and Bungle who to rehome though. I don't think my OH would ever agree to let Bungle go as he is so attached to him but Strawberry has been with us for the longest so it wouldnt be fair for him to have to go.

It's too hard a decision to make. :cry:

Out of the 2 Can you start with a partner for Strawberry as he is going outside - he will be very lonely out there on his own... and leave the 2 as singles??

As Becki says they are very lucky to have you as a mummy, so the 2 indoor buns will be ok on their own for the time being..

Or is there anyone that has a girl bun that lives near you that could re-home strawberry so you could still visit him :?

Its so difficult :cry:

I wouldnt try to rebond Strawbs and Snow, as you said Snow has been much better without Strawbs health wise etc :?

On the other hand, Strawbs would be very lonely if he went outside alone :cry: I hate having single foster buns here, they look so lonely in their hutches. They really do get depressed when theyre single.

I dont know what id do if i were you :? Id be inclined to keep Snow indoors, get Strawbs a wife for outside, and rehome Bungle as he was last in :?

I hope you manage to sort something out :( Must be really hard :( xXx

you shouldn't take on anymore if you don't want to..not fair on the bunnies
Personally I would advise you to keep Bungle due to his special needs and rehome Strawberry who would bond with the right doe

Snowdrop is happy as a solo so keep her that way

I would love any bunny that I had and they would have the best care but I just don't feel a desire to have any more and my OH definately doesn't want anymore.

I definately wouldn't rehome Snowdrop because of her health problems and I agree with you about Bungle, he is best here with us.

I just don't know if I can let Strawberry go. Especially if I let him go but then adopted a female for Bungle, it would feel like I was trying to replace him.

I can't really advise and I am sorry for you having to make such a tough decision, I couldn't bear to rehome a pet but, I see your thinking of them, if you can find them anice forever home with a partner it would probably be best to rehome Strawberry out of the 3.:(

that is an option ..leave the two indoor singles that way as they seem happy and just get Strawbs a friend
I wouldn't advise trying him and Snowdrop again as her reaction last time wasn't good

im sorry hun, i voted rehome one... altho faced with the decision how to choose :cry::cry::cry:

i cant ever have more than two and i always knew if the bond broke pearl would have to go back... horrible horrible heartbreaking thought. but even worse than that would be a lonely bunny, and id hate to be the cause of a bunny not being able to snuggle with a loving partner :love::love:.

i certainly wouldnt try to force a bond onto bunnies who really dont like each other and i wouldnt be able to take on more bunnies if i was at my personnal max.

must be heartbreaking trying to figure out to whats for the best.

one more point tho, is the rescues they came from (if the come from rescues) happy for the buns to live the single life with you as a great bunny mommy? if they are and you can get over the guilt leave it as it is until somebunny shows signs of loneliness then make a decision, if it aint broke dont fix it ;) i only know i couldnt leave pearl single because it was part of the contract i signed so its an understanding i have with the rescue.

im sorry hun, i voted rehome one... altho faced with the decision how to choose :cry::cry::cry:

i cant ever have more than two and i always knew if the bond broke pearl would have to go back... horrible horrible heartbreaking thought. but even worse than that would be a lonely bunny, and id hate to be the cause of a bunny not being able to snuggle with a loving partner :love::love:.

i certainly wouldnt try to force a bond onto bunnies who really dont like each other and i wouldnt be able to take on more bunnies if i was at my personnal max.

must be heartbreaking trying to figure out to whats for the best.

one more point tho, is the rescues they came from (if the come from rescues) happy for the buns to live the single life with you as a great bunny mommy? if they are and you can get over the guilt leave it as it is until somebunny shows signs of loneliness then make a decision, if it aint broke dont fix it ;) i only know i couldnt leave pearl single because it was part of the contract i signed so its an understanding i have with the rescue.

Strawberry came throught someone on RU who no longer rescues, I guess I should ask her opinion on what she thinks.

Snowdrop is from RSPCA Walsall so I should ask Lucy about keeping her single but I am sure she will agree that its for the best with her health problems and with how aggressive she was to Bungle.

Bungle came from Kirkby and as long as he is a house bun I think Celia would allow me to keep him single.

that is an option ..leave the two indoor singles that way as they seem happy and just get Strawbs a friend
I wouldn't advise trying him and Snowdrop again as her reaction last time wasn't good

I will try this with the OH. I definately wouldn't put Strawberry out on his own and I know two bunnies outside would be no more trouble than 1. Plus they wouldnt need my attention if they had each other.

I think Bungle would love a friend and it would be a shame to keep him on his own, even indoors, but if it stops him having to rehomed, because of his special needs then we should do it. I would rather he were single, with our attention, and properly cared for than with a partner but with someone who couldn't cope with his long hair, dentals and damp nose.

Strawberry came throught someone on RU who no longer rescues, I guess I should ask her opinion on what she thinks.

Snowdrop is from RSPCA Walsall so I should ask Lucy about keeping her single but I am sure she will agree that its for the best with her health problems and with how aggressive she was to Bungle.

Bungle came from Kirkby and as long as he is a house bun I think Celia would allow me to keep him single.

well then hunny while they are still binkying dont make the decision yet. dont forget your majorly stressed with the house stuff too. plus at the mo whether they get on or not they are still in a family environment.. in the house with the smells of the people they love (and bunnies they arent so keen on) its not totally alone like sitting out in a two foot hutch in a lonely garden.

ask who you need to ask and get thier opinions, should make it easier to think straight when the people directly connected with these little angels tell you what they would prefer to happen :D

Back