• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I think Strawberry is depressed....

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
He doesnt seem himself tonight. He is eating fine and bright as always but he just seems a little sad. I think he is lonely as he is on his own all day and is upstairs so doesnt have us passing by all the time like Bungle does.

I am trying to remind myself of all the reasons why trying to bond him with Snowdrop again is a bad idea. I hate seeing him miserable but he can't have a friend untill we move and he goes outside.

Yeh maybe. I have been struggling recently to split my time between them all and my OH doesnt want anymore so I dont know what to do for the best.

You have to remember not to reflect our emotions onto bunnies. I mean I know they feel pain, and they have happy binkies and stuff, but he's not going to be sat up there in his room listening to breakup songs and sobbing into his pillow cos no bunny loves him.

Beau has days when he doesn't binky, and I just have to remind myself a) that that doesn't mean he's not happy, and b) I don't smile every day but it doesn't mean I'm not happy that day.

Try not to dwell on it too much hun, it's much more likely you're feeling guilty (undeservedly - it's his choice to be single, you have tried!) than that he is depressed. :D

You have to remember not to reflect our emotions onto bunnies. I mean I know they feel pain, and they have happy binkies and stuff, but he's not going to be sat up there in his room listening to breakup songs and sobbing into his pillow cos no bunny loves him.

Beau has days when he doesn't binky, and I just have to remind myself a) that that doesn't mean he's not happy, and b) I don't smile every day but it doesn't mean I'm not happy that day.

Try not to dwell on it too much hun, it's much more likely you're feeling guilty (undeservedly - it's his choice to be single, you have tried!) than that he is depressed. :D

All three of my bunnies are binky bunnies, they all seem happy within themselves and are very active. But when I see posts on here of bunnies snuggled together I feel upset that they dont have that and they spend most of their time alone.

after Snowdrops last response to Strawberry..ie he bullied her so much she became ill and lost weight..I wouldn't try again

after Snowdrops last response to Strawberry..ie he bullied her so much she became ill and lost weight..I wouldn't try again

Thanks Jill. This is why I said all along I wouldn't try again with them but I am just searching madly for an option to allow us to keep all three, and for them to be happy.

I also have my family saying we were wrong to spilt them, they seemed happy together etc and that we definately shouldn't get anymore, 3 is too many etc. They are not really animal people!

When you move having Strawberry outside may make it easier..so if you can get him a partner..just adding one bun..that would be fine..so think on that
Please don't consider rehoming Bungle..he is happy with you and his special needs means he would be hard to place

Back